Feeling sick

brendy
on 9/12/11 7:11 am - Canada
I had my surgery 4 weeks ago and for the most part feel pretty good. Although from the start every time I eat or even drink I feel crappy almost like I'm gonna be sick but it goes away without me getting sick. I've read many things that say this is normal with some people but me it makes me never want to eat. I tried waiting longer in between bites or swallows, I've tried chew chew chew and chew still feel crappy. So just wandering if this is normal and if it will go away or if I should maybe call someone.

Thanx Brenda
Megan M.
on 9/12/11 7:48 am - Canada
I had surgery July 22, and still the first bite or sip of anything in the morning gives me a wash of nausea.  It doesn't last, but it is unpleasant.  I think I feel hungry in the morning, but sometimes wonder if I just feel a little sick.  Whatever it is, it passes and I can get on with things.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

lovin_life
on 9/12/11 8:11 am - Canada
I had surgery on August 18th and the first bit or sip of something always makes me feel a little funny.. but after that first bit I'm usually good to go.. I was getting kind of sick feeling and after I ate I would get stomach pains and I came to realize that I was eating too much, too fast.. So I slowed down ALOT and took smaller bites and it pretty much solved the problem.

Referral sent to Guelph: April 2010        Second app (Nut/ Nurse): Jan. 31st/ 11
Orientation: September 16th, 2010        Surgery information class: May 10th/ 11          
Sleep Study: No sleep apnea                 Surgeon (Dr.Reed): July 19th/ 11     
H-pylori: Negative                                   PATTS: August 12th/ 11
(Nut/SW/Nurse): Dec.9th/10                     Surgery: August 18th/ 11                 
sharmc
on 9/12/11 9:58 am - Canada
I've found that starting my day off with a hot tea (or coffee if you can drink it) is what I need to start my pouch off right for the day. Without it, I still find it a bit tempermental and grumpy.

sam1am
on 9/12/11 10:16 am
Just a couple of thoughts, are you on an acid reducer?  If not, maybe it would help?  Also, I know that when I take my morning vitamins on an empty stomach, I feel a little nauseous.  I find it's better to have them with or just after my breakfast.

I hope it gets better for you quickly!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

brendy
on 9/12/11 11:12 am - Canada
Thanks everyone for the help. My grumpy tummy doesn't like coffee or tea anymore so that won't work. Never thought to try to take my vits after I eat. Maybe I will just have one of those grumpy tummies which in a certain way its a good thing. I just don't think I'm eating enough food.

Thanks again
Brenda
flyingwoman
on 9/12/11 1:37 pm
 Even ho****er might help. At 4 weeks, your scar tissue is at its crustiest. Priming the pouch with warm liquid often helps. It will likely go away in time. 

How much are you getting to eat?

Starting BMI 69 w comorbidities | 55 of the weight lost above was pre-op.    
Most Active
Recent Topics