Aug 10th is almost here and I am scared sh.....less

Betty Jo L.
on 8/8/11 1:37 pm
I been out of town for a few days at my cottage trying to get this scared feeling out of me. I even doubted about having the surgery that is how scared I am. I am not scared of the actual surgery, I am scared again as I mentioned before messing up on the food choices. I know its a work in progress. I guess I am just anxious to start my new life or something IDK. But as my family says you are doing this cause you want it and need this tool to eat healthier. I keep telling myself you can do this and you want this. BRING ON THE SURGERY .

Just my little message to vent out my scaredness.

Thanks for reading my post.

Betty Jo
RNY August 10th
 Be Happy and live your life to the fullest          
trudylam
on 8/8/11 1:46 pm - Sudbury, Canada
Don't stress out about the food choices yet.  You have weeks until you have to worry about that stuff.  Just focus on getting though the next week.  It's going to be rough, but oh so worth it in the end.  Get strong and get well.  One step at a time and you'll be fine. :)  I think we all doubt having the surgery before hand.  I know I did!  You'll do great!  Don't worry!

leap
on 8/8/11 1:51 pm - Canada
You will be just fine ,  one day at a time . You will love the life you are about to take on .
leap         
ericaFG
on 8/8/11 3:12 pm - Cambridge, Canada
I think the people at most risk are those that DON'T worry. At least you are thinking and planning...

Spend your time looking at before and afters and imagining yourself as those succss stories!!
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

missingmanny
on 8/8/11 8:52 pm - Canada
 My diet post surgery [not immediately, of course] consists of pretty much the same foods as I ate before...much lower carb, and I never was one much for sweets, but methinks you worry too much...Life does return to pretty much normal, albeit a new, better normal.  All the best to you.

HW 268  SW 261  CW 166GW 170 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com    

Megan M.
on 8/8/11 11:52 pm - Canada
Don't worry so much about the food choices.  The guidelines are very clear for the first 6-8 weeks, and believe me, you won't much feel like deviating from that plan.  So, try to focus on how great you're going to be feeling a month from now - you'll be well on your way to a better and healthier you.  Good luck tomorrow.

PS it's okay to be scared - I bawled my eyes out waiting to be taken into surgery.  Everyone was very understanding and reassuring.  All will be well.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

trudylam
on 8/9/11 12:41 am - Sudbury, Canada
I cried like a baby sitting on that bed waiting to be wheeled in!  LOL  I kept apologizing to the nurses who were very nice and understanding.  I am happy to hear that I'm not the only one. :)
KristieA
on 8/8/11 11:56 pm - Orillia, Canada
As Erica said, if you aren't scared then there is something to worry about. This is a life changing surgery. I was shaking as I hopped up on the operating table. That being said, this was the BEST decision I have ever made. Only regret was not doing it sooner.

You will do just fine. Think about all of the great things you will be able to do in a few months.

Best of luck tomorrow,

Kristie

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

Moselle
on 8/9/11 1:12 am - Athens, Canada
It is a bit scarey but also very exciting.  Embrace the opportunity and concentrate on sip, sip, sipping your water and getting your protein in.  The rest will come with time. 

I wish you an uneventful surgery and a very speedy recovery.  Cheers to the new you!
See you on the loser's bench.
Most Active
Recent Topics