Baby food?

jahdayah
on 7/8/11 11:37 pm - oshawa, Canada
Hey there guys .. just wondering at the "puree" stage .. are you allowed to eat baby food?

Referral July 2010~Orientation June 15 2011~NP&SW June 28 ~NUT CLASS&NUT AUG 17 2011 ~ PSYCOLOGIST~AUG 22 2011 ~ SURGEON DR. PENNER SEPT 2 2011~PAATS SEPT 15~SURGERY SEPT 26 2011 DR URBACH    
My Angel is Sueberman

Kelshy
on 7/8/11 11:38 pm - Cannifton, Canada
Yes ... knock yourself out but personally I couldn't do it!!

Chris
Karen M.
on 7/8/11 11:42 pm - Mississauga, Canada
You could, but.... ew. Also, watch for the large amounts of sugar in any baby fruit.
There are so many "real food" options on puree - I couldn't bring myself to do the baby food thing.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/9/11 2:36 am - Windsor, Canada
Don't waste your $$$. It is the last thing you'll want to eat. I bought a ton on the advice if a website. I ended up just donating it all.

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

PatXYZ
on 7/9/11 3:33 am
I've looked into baby food, but after looking at the nutritional content, I found I would be extremely limited in my options, I could only find two with acceptable levels of protein and low carbs. I think it will be much easier to puree at home, I might even buy a Baby Bullet since my food processor is ancient...
Karen M.
on 7/9/11 4:39 am - Mississauga, Canada
I hated my Magic Bullet - actually burned through the first one and was dumb enough to buy a second. lol  I ended up gifting it to someone here on the forum.  I bought instead a small little mini food processor by Cuisinart and used that happily.  For shakes and things, I used my awesome big ol' Bravetti blender.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Megan M.
on 7/9/11 6:03 am - Canada
Was just told at the surgery class that while it might be convenient, real pureed is better to meet our protein requirements.
HeidiA
on 7/9/11 12:53 pm - Ottawa, Canada
I did the baby food for my puree stage. 

I cannot remember at this time the brand, but  there is one brand that is very low in sugar and it was either turkey with veg or chicken with veg.  There is also another one that I like with rice/chicken.

I recommend that you buy one of each flavour to try before stocking up on the ones that you think you might like at the end.

I found this the easiest method for myself.

Good luck in your choices.

Heidi
 Listed below are the upcoming Coffee nights at Starbucks (Hunt Club and Merivale Rd) starting at 7:00 pm.

ohcardheidismanimated.gif picture by lynnca1972

flyingwoman
on 7/10/11 4:11 am
yes, but nothing with pureed rice pasta or potatoes...or added sugar!
Most Active
Recent Topics