Did you gain weight while you played the waiting game????

lexxiblue
on 7/7/11 5:52 am
RNY on 01/11/12
I know this is posted in the main forum and am wondering if there are any repercussions (forgive if misspelled) if you do gain weight since your referral was sent in.. especially at St Joe's in Hamilton??
CdnGal
on 7/7/11 7:00 am - Canada
I had my surgery in Ottawa and yes I did gain weight- about 8 pounds. 
lexxiblue
on 7/9/11 5:31 am
RNY on 01/11/12
Hi CdnGal..
thanks for your reply... i had my orientation in april and see the nurse the end of this month.. and seem to be having quite a few "last suppers" ... was wondering if they will freak if i'm up.. i've heard i should be showing my committment to the procedure and watching what i'm eating.. but i've had some days i could just seem to eat forever ...
thanks again
deb
JJ_
on 7/7/11 7:02 am
Not that I am aware of.  I`m in Ottawa and I have not lost weight.  The internist said that one of the medications I take impedes weight loss.  I think I am up 5 lbs. since my last appt, however, I am also pre-menstral so it is perfectly normal for me.

Judy
trudylam
on 7/7/11 7:08 am - Sudbury, Canada
I gained 9lbs while waiting for surgery in Hamilton but lost 18 on Optifast.  So by the time they weighed me I showed a loss instead of a gain.  Don't worry about it too much.
Manda M.
on 7/7/11 7:56 am
I have lost 31 while attending all my appointments.. now i am watiing for my surgery class and i am back up 8 pounds.. blah
http://pouchgirlrny.blogspot.com  -- My thoughts and experience so far post RNY!!

happypants
on 7/7/11 8:55 am - Ottawa, Canada
I gained five lbs while waiting. To be honest I was weighed at my initial nurses appointment and only just got weighed again at my PATTS appointment Monday.I had lost a few pounds because I haave started optifast plus she took off three lbs for my cloths and shoes YES!!!! 

If you are worried that there will be repercussions because you gained weight I wouldn't worry to much, don't forget what brought you and all of us to need weight loss surgery in the first place. I mean this with the utmost respect.
Ann

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

Linda S.
on 7/7/11 10:44 am - Canada
I am waiting to meet my surgeon and haven't been at the hospital since Feb. 2. I have gained 10 - 12 lbs. and am also worried.
Thanks, Linda
1) Referral - June 26/10                           4) 2nd. meeting with same - Feb.2/11
2) Orientation - Dec.9/10
3) Met with S.W. Nurse, Diet. - Dec.14/10

Wendy E.
on 7/7/11 10:56 am - Gananoque, Canada
I had surgery at HRRH and i gained 10 lbs. It could determine how long you will have to do optifast for.

Wendy E
PatXYZ
on 7/7/11 12:41 pm
3 pounds in 8 months, the NP hasn't mentioned anything about it, but as I understand it TWH is pretty forgiving in this regard.
Most Active
Recent Topics