Home from plastics and celebrating 2 year surgiversary

lbaetz
on 6/24/11 10:57 pm - St. Thomas, Canada
Hi everyone

Sorry if this post might seem a little wonky, got home yesterday from having a circumfrential lower body lift.  Having a bit ...ok alot of pain and on meds.  Want to let everyone know I'm doing ok.

Tomorrow will be my 2 year surgiversary.  Had my RNY on June 26th in Toronto at Humber.  Been very successful for me and have no regreats even after 2 hernia operations and many emotional issues regarding my new body outlook.  Has passed by so fast and will be able to really realize the impact when I am feeling better I think.

My plastic surgery went great.  Was 4.5 hours, took off 10 pounds of skin.  Everytime I stand up I find myself feeling my new ass...it's actually hard now and high.  Asked every nurse and Dr if thats the way it should look and feel and they said yes that's what a normal ass looks like like...get used to it...lol  In quite a bit of pain and had a very bad night last night, first of many I'm sure.  Have a nurse come in daily to empty my drains for a few days until they come out.  Will be posting pics later, my hubby thinks I'm crazy for making him take pics of it looking like this...lol  Told him I wanted to see pics of the process before and after so I'm going to post them for people to see before they go through it.  

Thank you all for your support through my journey.

Lori 

birdiegirl
on 6/24/11 10:59 pm
What a relief its over eh Lori?? Take care of yourself - having the plastics last year really changed my body - so much happier with my shape....you will too

Take care

Barb

Monica M.
on 6/24/11 11:00 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
Thanks for letting us know!! Glad you're doing well. thank you for being an inspiration to me.

samtq
on 6/24/11 11:06 pm - Ottawa, Canada
 Thanks for checking in and letting us know how you're doing Lori.  It sounds like you're doing very well considering!  And a new hard ass?  I'm envious!  lol

I had my tummy and breast lift done on Wednesday so I know all too well about feeling wonky!!!  

Take care of yourself and keep us posted on your progress.

Sue
“The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.? --John “the Penguin? Bingham 
There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. ~ Nelson Mandela

HW: 247.5/SW: 228.5/CW:135/ My GW: 140/SGW: 151
heavenlyhash
on 6/26/11 11:25 am - Canada
I'm from the Ottawa area and am researching plastics as I definitely need work done.  Who was your DR. and what was his fees like.  Where did you have it done?  Thanks and good for you to look after yourself.  I'm having a little trouble justifying the $$$ when the money could be used elsewhere.  Any one else going through this?
samtq
on 6/26/11 11:29 am - Ottawa, Canada
 I went to Dr. Silverman and my surgery was at the Almonte Hospital.  His fees were pretty standard for the work I had done.  Yes, plastics are expensive but it can make a huge difference to how you feel about your post weight loss body.  I'm still recovering but so far I'm very happy with the work, and I know of others who have gone to him and are also very happy.  He's very good!
“The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.? --John “the Penguin? Bingham 
There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. ~ Nelson Mandela

HW: 247.5/SW: 228.5/CW:135/ My GW: 140/SGW: 151
pinkjellybean
on 6/24/11 11:12 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
Glad to hear you are doing well..... even though I'm having some pretty serious ass envy right now!

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

ToNewBeginnings
on 6/24/11 11:17 pm
lol..."that's what a normal ass looks like". Enjoy it!!!
Karen T.
on 6/24/11 11:20 pm - Canada
Feel well and I am looking forward to your pictures.  Glad to hear all went well.

Eileen C.
on 6/24/11 11:37 pm - Cornwall, Canada
Glad everything went well for you,                     did you have the lift done here in Canada??

Sending healing vibes and warm hugs

I am sure every day will get better

Take care

Eileen 
            my angel is Lisa48                                        
Most Active
Recent Topics