Quick question regarding food tolerance

Liz R.
on 6/1/11 2:31 am - Belleville, Canada
 Hey there, I have a quick question for my fellow bypass peeps.

I am 16 months out, and the past 2 days I am having difficulty with solid foods.  Eating any solids is just giving me a stuck, lumpy feeling.  I`m not bringing the food up (I haven`t been able to vomit since surgery...not once, not even trying to make myself), its just heavy and painful until the feeling eventually passes.  Im tolerating liquids and soft foods fine (ie yogurt, coffee, protein shakes), but food is just really uncomfortable.  Im not chewing any less or anything...so I`m a little confused.

Any experienced RNYèrs out there have any suggestions?

Thanks

Liz  .......... www.facebook.com/johnstoy
GP appointment for referral: July 8, 2009
 Consult with nurse/NUT November 4th, 2009 
7 week NUT preop check December 22, 2009
Meet the surgeon & schedule surgery January 19th, 2010
PATS January 28th, 29th, 2010

SURGERY!!!!!!  February 9, 2010
Hernia Repair(s) May 22, 2010
Thanks to Kitty_White for being my wonderful  and friend!

KristieA
on 6/1/11 4:04 am - Orillia, Canada
Someone else had this same problem a week or two ago and I don't remember if there was any further info posted. Could it be that maybe you have a bit of a flu bug? Sometimes the flu isn't full blown and can just make you feel a bit yuck.

I am not sure. If it isn't better in the next day or so it may be worth a trip to the doctor.

Sorry you are having trouble and hope it gets better soon.

Kristie

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

Gabygee
on 6/1/11 6:03 am - Canada
Have you chewed Papaya Extract?
Wonder if that would help ...

wondering
on 6/2/11 2:55 am - Canada
It is time to call your surgeon.  There are many things that can cause this feeling.  Sometimes the body heals itself a little too well.  You might just need a little pouch stretch.  You might have a food bolus (esophogeal blockage).  Strictures.  The only way you will know for sure is to see the doctor.
L.

Most Active
Recent Topics