Should he stay or should he go? Home?

Waterlillimm
on 4/12/11 10:18 pm - Perth, Canada
My surgery is today.. Question we have is should hubby sit around waiting all day? Will he get to see me before the trauma unit? Is the whole process 6 hrs? Guess we should hava known by now to ask. Any answers are appreciated!
Kate

3littlepigs
on 4/12/11 10:50 pm
My hubby stayed.  The surgery was only 1 hour and 45 minutes.  I was in recovery for about an hour or so and then went to my room where he was waiting for me.  Good Luck!
Donna
valleygirl50
on 4/12/11 11:47 pm - Canada
my sister was with me the whole day....they even let her come with me right outside the operating room while they were preparing it for my surgery...then when i got back to my room she was there....i think she left the hospital for a bit when i was in recovery...everyone is in recovery different lenghts of time, i was in there a few hours....but best of luck with your surgery...i hope everything goes easy....see you on the bench.
Lil-Stinker
on 4/12/11 11:50 pm
Good luck today!! I am thinking of you :-)
Referral sent on 26 Feb 2010 - Sleep Study on 28 May 2010 - Info session at WMC on 14 Jan 11- Appt with the APN (nurse) on 27 Jan 11 - Dietician and Behaviorist appts on Feb 24. WLS Class 6th April 2011 - Surgeon appt 3 May 2011 Dr Yelle - Surgery June 6th          
ashleighsmom
on 4/12/11 11:58 pm
My hubby stayed as well just knowing he was nearby gave me comfort even in subconcousness
Jan              2.8 pounds below goal  
Leanne1
on 4/13/11 12:12 am - Newmarket, Canada
My bf stayed the whole day too. He had planned on going to work, which was only 20mins away, but he didn't. It was great to hear that he was waiting for me on the other side of the door :D

Good luck today :D
(deactivated member)
on 4/13/11 12:35 am - Canada
Personally, I would not have wanted my friend to stay with me the entire time of the surgery. That would be past being boring.  He was better off at home, being as comfortable as he could be and waiting for the doctor to call. Since there was not much he could do even if he would have stayed in the hospital waiting.   Good luck!
irol770
on 4/13/11 1:27 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
I had surgery out of town so hubby didn't really  have anywhere to go anyway.  But the doctor and nurse took his cell phone number so that they could call him as soon as I was out of surgery.  The doctor came out to meet with him just after the first incision was made (I still don't understand that) just to reassure him that things were going well and I was doing okay.  So then hubby went down to the cafeteria and walked around while I was in surgery.  Once I was out, while I was still in recovery, they called him and he met me back in my room as they were wheeling me up there.
Glitter Text Generator

sueberman
on 4/13/11 2:18 am
My hubby and daughter weren't going anywhere until I was in a room and they knew I was OK.  I was about 6 hours but it took me forever to come to.
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

ashleighsmom
on 4/13/11 6:03 am
same here Sue I did not fully wake up till next mornign but was vaugely aware of Pete in my room that night just sitting beside my bed  finally they kicked him out later that night assuring him I was fine and would see me in the morning he is used to surgey here where they wake you not so in hte states lol
Jan              2.8 pounds below goal  
Most Active
Recent Topics