Sad day in my household - long post

narhik
on 3/26/11 7:39 am - Ontario, Canada

My kids and I were getting ready for the day and noticed that there was something wrong with our cat. Usually my cat Peaches is very active and always talking to us but this morning she was laying  down and not moving around much. When I went to go pet her I noticed that her eyes were funny and she looked not well at all. Our cat has lost some weight lately but we had her on a diet and thought that was what was happened.

I ended up calling the Vet and took my cat in to be seen. Well my heart is breaking the Vet did an examine and weighed my cat. The Vet told me that my cat was dehydrated and was very very sick. The Vet informed me that from her examine and how our cat looked that her kidneys were shutting down and that there was nothing they could do.

The Vet told my youngest daughter and I that it was time to let her go. I have never cried so much in my life. I did not want to let her go it really felt like letting my child go though by no means am I comparing that loss.

It has been a bad day trying to help my kids grieve and I have definitely being deal with it through old and not smart habits. It is amazing how quickly we can fall into bad habits.

Thanks for letting me share I needed to vent....

Kerry

OKNEE FE + 3
on 3/26/11 7:54 am
Hi Kerry

Sorry for your loss. . .I have lost three cats.  Most resent was my sweet Tucker in August.  I still miss him dearly.  It is never easy especially when there are children involved. . .

Oknee's just gotta dance
Weight at the start of Optifast 378 T-1 OR Weight 352
Broke the 300 pound Barrier 13-Dec-2009 291.2lbs 01-APR-11 "onederland"
HGBA1C 5.2  d/c from the care of  my Endocrinolgist 09-JUL-10 "diabetes resolved"
10-MAR-11 Extreme Sleep Apnea (dx 2007) resolved-"b-bye CPAP won't miss ya"

HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT IRON AND/OR http://theironmaiden.ca/                

happypants
on 3/26/11 8:00 am - Ottawa, Canada
Kerry I am so sorry for you loss. Our pets are family members. I just want you to know that my thoughts are with you and your family......

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

Marleymeluv
on 3/26/11 8:01 am - Hamilton, Canada
Kerry
I'm so sorry for your loss,my heart breaks for you and the kids.

:360,

SW:340, CW:128, RGW:126   Lost 20 Lbs preop

Megan M.
on 3/26/11 8:05 am - Canada
I'm so sorry - a piece of your heart is breaking, I know.  I, too, lost my previous Cricket - she also went into kidney failure.  We had to put her down, several years ago two days before Christmas.  I cried all season.  These pets become our families, and losing them is such a difficult thing.  Many people would say, "it's just a cat,", but to us there's no "just" about it - our pets are a big part of our lives, and a big part of our hearts.  Take care.
CdnGal
on 3/26/11 8:07 am - Canada
I am sooooo sorry for you loss.  Our beloved pet was on his deathbed at Christmas and I cried straight for 3 days.   Luckily he pulled through, but I do understand to some extent what you are going through.  All the best to you and your family!
lookingforward54
on 3/26/11 8:15 am - Owen Sound, Canada
awwwww my heart breaks for you and your family.
MisterDiminishing
on 3/26/11 8:39 am - Windsor, Canada
Sometimes our pet can be one of our greatest friends, and the hardest to lose this way.

Karen M.
on 3/26/11 8:47 am - Mississauga, Canada
Oh Kerry - so sad for your loss. Hugs to you and the kids. xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Gabygee
on 3/26/11 9:08 am - Canada
Our pets are our buddies, non-judgemental and faithful - all they want is to be loved back.

Sounds like your cat had the best home anyone could imagine.

You did the right thing by ending the suffering - it's a sacred duty when our friend is in such a bad way.

I know you're going to miss you kitty for a long time.
Most Active
Recent Topics