my panniculoptomy surgery

michelle macleod
on 3/27/11 3:01 am - kensington PEI, Canada
 i am going tomorrow to scarbourgh general hospital for my surgery i have never been so scared in my life lol hope everything goes well  

Lil-Stinker
on 3/27/11 3:04 am, edited 3/27/11 3:05 am
oooo exciting :-) from what I hear you are going to LOVE your results.
Referral sent on 26 Feb 2010 - Sleep Study on 28 May 2010 - Info session at WMC on 14 Jan 11- Appt with the APN (nurse) on 27 Jan 11 - Dietician and Behaviorist appts on Feb 24. WLS Class 6th April 2011 - Surgeon appt 3 May 2011 Dr Yelle - Surgery June 6th          
Monica M.
on 3/27/11 3:27 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Good for you, Michelle. I hope everything goes well for you. I've heard that the plastics are way more painful than the RNY, but you have to remember to take it easy... Keep the incisions clean, to prevent infection.

Lorie S.
on 3/27/11 3:32 am
Michelle, I will keep you in my thoughts that all goes well for you! You are going to look fab after... well when the swelling goes down. lol

Good luck to you and good skill to your surgeon!

Lorie
merly6800
on 3/27/11 3:37 am - Canada
Congrats, prayers being said for you! 

kellylamb1
on 3/27/11 3:43 am
wow you did awesome you have lost so much weight congrats hope everything goes well
down to 125 105.6 pounds lost
ericaFG
on 3/27/11 3:45 am - Cambridge, Canada
Good luck tomorrow!  I agree with the poster below...it's harder than your WLS...so take the pain meds as prescribed for the first few days!  And take the stool softener too - it's hard to poop "hard" when your abdomen has been cut open!

Here's my other advice...set stuff up tonight....keep the food you'll want and other items in a few basket set at counter height so you don't have to reach.  Make sure someone is home with you the first few days to fetch and get and help you off the toilet or the couch if needed.  Setting up a good "bed" in a recliner can be helpful, especially if your bed is high. 

It is good to have a lanyard around..when you want to take a shower, you need something to "hang" your drains from.  A lanyard works really well. 

It is hard to eat after plastics (enjoy the newfound/rediscovered restriction!).  Good to have some "easy" foods around...pudding, protein shakes, soup, that kind of thing.  Something that doesn't take a lot of preperation and isn't too heavy on your tummy.  The meds can make you a bit nauseous as well...

Good luck and see you on the "flat tummy" side!
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

michelle macleod
on 3/27/11 3:54 am - kensington PEI, Canada
 thanks everyone for the kind and encouraging words i will bring each and everyone of you with me tomorrow in my heart 

Moselle
on 3/27/11 4:07 am - Athens, Canada
Wow you've had an amazingly successful journey so far. I'm sure that this will be the figurative sf icing on the cupcake! Take care of yourself and I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. All the best.

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

Karen M.
on 3/27/11 4:38 am - Mississauga, Canada
Best wishes tomorrow Michelle! xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics