Itchy everywhere 9 days post op anyone?

Sylvia1976
on 3/24/11 10:07 pm - Rockland, Canada
 Last night I started getting itchy everywhere... I'm 10 days post op today and not sure if this is related... I noticed I have a little dry skin but now I actually have little pimples on my back , arms and legs.. anything ? anyone? lol

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/11 10:09 pm - Canada
 i was the same for a good 2+ weeks post op.  get some gold bond lotion and keep hydrated.  :)  
ladydi1234
on 3/24/11 10:30 pm - Canada
I am two weeks post op and itchy everywhere, I just keep showering and applying unscented lotion as well as baby powder - seems to take some of the itch out. Good luck:)
SURGERY DATE                  MARCH 11 2011               
Just let me get through one more day!

scaredskinny123
on 3/24/11 11:38 pm - Stirling, Canada
Hi Sylvia I too am 10 days post op but do not have a rash or itch of any kind,  I've found my skin to be dry but have added a moisturizer after showering.  The only thing I can think of is may be a reaction to pain medication if you are taking any.  Suggest you call the clinic where you had your surgery and inquire before it gets too bad.  Good luck.
Ezlivin
on 3/24/11 11:48 pm - Windsor, Canada
I was the same....
Went to GP and She told me some people get like that because of the anesthetic and morphine.
I took a benedryl when I started scratching unbearably especially at night.....and drank all my water and moisturized.
It does let up ...just make sure you keep hydrated...from the inside and out...
Judy

Surgeon's goal 155 - 160
NUT goal 140
My own personal goal  125.

HW  237(Optifast weight)  SW  214   CW  111

Yummy recipies to try.....  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/welcome/  

Miss Belody
on 3/24/11 11:49 pm - Keswick, Canada
I had very dry skin when I was first out from surgery...........just remember too, if you are still on pain meds, that they will make you itchy. Especially if it's narcotic.  Lots of lotion!
  www.missbelody.com-My Website  Current Weight 137, 13 pounds below Target

Smiley_sandy
on 3/25/11 6:32 am - Belleville, Canada
I had the same itchyness after i had my csection. They gave me benadryl and that help...Annoying but soooo worth it.. Congrats on your surgery.

Sent referral July2010 to HRRH, Info session Dec 2,2010, Meeting with surgeon Jan26/11,Feb2/11 GBC/Dt/SW/(Dr Glazer) Mar 23/11, Surgery 04/05/11, 10 lbs below goal!

ROSIESMILE
on 3/26/11 2:54 am
OMG!! Yes!!!! Bio Oil is my new best friend!  My skin soaks it up. Your skin is dehydrated. 
There is also this amazing moisture soap at Lush called "scruffy" or "scrubby"; can't remember the exact name.  Life savor!!!

My incisions were very itchy and I used aveeno anti itch cream on them.

Most Active
Recent Topics