What is your family like?

(deactivated member)
on 4/15/14 4:22 am

I've never had any major issues with my kids, unlike what I dealt out to my parents as a teen.  But that doesn't mean that I haven't had to stand firm and tell them point blank that I thought my generosity or efforts were being taken for granted.  Parents don't expect their kids to bow down to them for everything we do, but there does come a time when it better be recognized or I will be up in their faces explaining the facts of life.   

But honestly letting your kids get beaten up a few times by their own poor decisions is sometimes more helpful then paving the way for them.  

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/15/14 5:26 am

I CANNOT ABANDON HIM BECAUSE HE HAS NO ONE ELSE.  

I think this may be an issue - he knows you "CANNOT ABANDON HIM BECAUSE HE HAS NO ONE ELSE" and he can do as he pleases.  He does not have to be accountable.  Any "intervention" shows tells parents that they need to set up clear rules and consequences and stick to it. One of them " if you mess up one more time - you are on your own" - and mean it.  maybe if he ends up on his face, homeless or in real trouble - he would eventually learn? 

I am on my own and even outside of my country since I was 26 years old... I managed.. I was semi on my own when I was 19th.. but I knew if I mess it up I would be the one to pay the  price.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

KevinBacon
on 4/15/14 1:36 am
VSG on 03/10/14

We are all a work in progress! I'm 31 years old and I still have work to do and ways to improve. 

One of my girls is just like her Dad (my ex husband) but honestly it suits her regardless of how I feel about him. She is thoughtful and intense like he is. Any bad behavior is discouraged no matter what the root of that behavior is (99% of it is normal kid stuff anyway! All kids test!). I think it's unfair to label someone or just throw your hands up and say "you are terrible and just like your father so you're just a lost cause and my punishment". That's sad. :(

I don't normally comment on other people's choices, but this one struck a nerve with me. My mother was terrible to my step brother because he was so much like his bio mom. 

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

(deactivated member)
on 4/15/14 1:45 am
KevinBacon
on 4/15/14 1:46 am
VSG on 03/10/14

True. I'm projecting. 

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

Amy, Daredevil
Extraordinaire

on 4/15/14 1:59 am - Los Angeles, CA
DS on 08/06/13
On April 15, 2014 at 8:45 AM Pacific Time, Laurie :) wrote:

I didn't read Heidi's post to say that she loves him any less, or considered him a loss cause, instead saying that he has tendencies which resemble his father. Being irresponsible and selfish which are things she saw in her ex, yet two things that a whole lot of parents can say about their teens, older teens and sometimes young adults.

Maybe you missed Heidi's previous post wherein she stated that she wished her son were never born. (I think that might have something to do with how we're interpreting her latest post about her son.) This is not the first time she's spoken in a derogatory manner about her child.

*DS with Dr. Ara Keshishian on 08/06/13* SW: 231 CW: 131 GW: 119 * Check out My YouTube Channel: AmysDSJourney *

(deactivated member)
on 4/15/14 2:07 am

The last post I saw was her staying that she felt the need to interview possible playmate's parents to prevent him from entering into what she thought were dangerous situations.  That sounded to me like a mother being slightly over protective in her approach, but well within her rights.

Amy, Daredevil
Extraordinaire

on 4/15/14 2:19 am - Los Angeles, CA
DS on 08/06/13
On April 15, 2014 at 9:07 AM Pacific Time, Laurie :) wrote:

The last post I saw was her staying that she felt the need to interview possible playmate's parents to prevent him from entering into what she thought were dangerous situations.  That sounded to me like a mother being slightly over protective in her approach, but well within her rights.

Out of all the people you choose to defend, you defend Heidi?? I guess it shouldn't surprise me. LOL

*DS with Dr. Ara Keshishian on 08/06/13* SW: 231 CW: 131 GW: 119 * Check out My YouTube Channel: AmysDSJourney *

(deactivated member)
on 4/15/14 2:32 am

I don't see where I am defending any one person.. I defended the post that I read and said that more MAY have been read into it then what was actually written.  

MyLady Heidi
on 4/15/14 2:19 am
Most Active
Recent Topics
Sad news but it's for the best
TattooMom · 3 replies · 1077 views
Does Salt Matter?
alfred098 · 5 replies · 1145 views
Wedding preps!!!!
emilinjohn11 · 1 replies · 920 views
Best Running Idea's Outfit
emmajames · 0 replies · 788 views