Yeah UCONN!!!!!!!!

MyLady Heidi
on 4/7/14 1:28 pm, edited 4/7/14 2:01 pm

I can finally breath again now that it is over.  Now we just need one more win tomorrow night with the girls and we make history again. 

Daniels and Napier

Image: The Connecticut Huskies celebrate after defeating the Kentucky Wildcats in the NCAA Men's Final Four Championship (© Tom Pennington/Getty Images)

Cunning_Pam
on 4/7/14 2:28 pm
RNY on 12/18/13

I am so proud of my Huskies!! It's been too long since the last championship. Come on, girls, let's make it a sweep!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

MyLady Heidi
on 4/8/14 12:23 am

I sooooo hope the girls win tonight!!!  I know I will be watching again and not breathing.

martitalinda
on 4/7/14 10:41 pm

Go HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

MyLady Heidi
on 4/8/14 12:24 am

I almost wanted to drive up to Storrs after the game to see the celebration, we are only about 20 minutes away.  It was sooo exciting to see them win!

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 4/7/14 10:53 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

interesting

I do no****ch baskeball but this article I found interesting. This player says he goes to bed starving at night because he can't always afford food. Interesting since they make millions off of these players.

MyLady Heidi
on 4/8/14 12:16 am

I don't agree with the unionization, it will ruin college sports if they do it.  The richest schools will then buy the best players and there will be no more competition.  And I seriously doubt he goes to bed hungry, those players are like gods around the UCONN campus, if he ever has to pay for a meal I would be surprised. 

Go Lady Huskies!

Phil M.
on 4/8/14 1:41 am - Los Angeles, CA
VSG on 12/20/13

Well, I don't think unionization will automatically lead to college athletes being paid, I think it will lead to better protection.  For instance, athletes should have longer access to health care for injuries sustained while playing college sports.  And there should be some protection against losing your scholarship due to injury.  Right now,  kids are given a one year scholarship that is renewed if the coach feels as though they're worthy.  If a kid gets hurt or if a new coach is hired, that "full ride" possibly goes out the window.

As far as athletes ability to make money,  I think kids should be able to make money on their own.  Why is it against the rules for a kid to be paid for his/her autograph? Or for a kid to be paid for an appearance at a sports camp? Kids on music scholarships can make money gigging on the side. Kids on academic scholarships can make money tutoring. I am not advocating for universities paying athletes because that's a Pandora's box that can never be closed. But if all was fair in college athletics,  there would be no need for a union. 

"I don't know, only God knows where the story ends for me, but I know where the story begins." - Mary J. Blige

M1: -32 M2: -19 M3: -18 M4: -16 M5: -10

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 4/8/14 1:49 am
VSG on 12/06/12

Yes that is what some of the comments said. I do school online so I don't know how all that works.

AnneGG
on 4/8/14 10:56 pm, edited 4/8/14 10:58 pm

YAY!!!  UConn made history again!!! 

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active
Recent Topics
Sad news but it's for the best
TattooMom · 3 replies · 1070 views
Does Salt Matter?
alfred098 · 5 replies · 1136 views
Wedding preps!!!!
emilinjohn11 · 1 replies · 915 views
Best Running Idea's Outfit
emmajames · 0 replies · 782 views