Game of Thrones! TONIGHT! (NO SPOILERS, book people!)

Cunning_Pam
on 4/6/14 6:18 am
RNY on 12/18/13

At the risk of seeming like all I do is watch television, (honestly, I don't!) I have to say that I'm totally pumped about tonight! Judging by the books this should be a terrific season. I don't know how far into the books this season is going to go, although I'm already starting to wonder if they'll catch up to GRRM in a couple more seasons. I'm really looking forward to dragons, the Red Viper making an appearance, dragons, seeing Daenerys continuing to grow as a ruler, dragons, watching Jamie deal with being back home, dragons, watching Tyrion deal with life as the son his father hates, and dragons.

BRING ON GoT!

(PS, yes it's another television show thread. Go ahead, make all the fun you like.)

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Scarlette B.
on 4/6/14 1:27 pm - TX
RNY on 03/20/14

I WENT  to my girlfriends house, we don't have cable, and watched it... LOVE IT!!!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  

Susan M.
on 4/6/14 3:11 pm

For the book people, did the show get any better?  I kind of wish I had read the books after the series ended instead of a year or two before it began.

I'm sure it would be an awesome series if I hadn't been comparing the two >.>

Cunning_Pam
on 4/7/14 7:17 am
RNY on 12/18/13

I've read the books, and I have to say I enjoy the series immensely anyway. You do lose a lot of explanation and detail from the books, but GRRM is so insane about that kind of thing that I think he could stand a little paring down. Yes, the series is very different from the books in some places, but IMO it doesn't suffer at all because of it. Except for there being no Strong Belwas, now THAT is a great problem in my opinion!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

VPrincess228
on 4/8/14 4:40 am
VSG on 02/03/14

Ok I have read all the books too and two things.  I hate that they changed the actor that portrays Daario!  The first one was WAY sexier (even though he is nothing like the way he is described in the book) and this new guy is kinda blah so far.  Second thing, Jorah is nothing like he is described in the book AT ALL haha.  But I guess that's a good thing, bc he is supposed to be pretty hideous.  Fantastic episode last night tho!  I like how much more loveable they are making the Hound!  I totally agree that the books are fantastic in their own way from the show, because there are def things that are WAY different.  Def at least one thing about the royal wedding that I hope they don't change tho!  So excited for this season!!!!!!!!!   haha ok sorry GOT just gets me really excited 

LAURA 28 years old  Height: 5' 6 1/2"  HW: 265  SW: 237  CW: 184

M1 -18  M2 -13  M3 -12  M4 -8

Susan M.
on 4/9/14 4:34 am

I rather liked the Hound in the books.  What I love about the books is that you can really appreciate every single character (love or hate) for who they are and how they got that way.  

I think the hound really changes a lot to the reader because of how he interacts with Sansa...

VPrincess228
on 4/9/14 4:43 am, edited 4/9/14 4:44 am
VSG on 02/03/14

Yes!  I completely agree.  I loved the relationship between the Hound and Sansa in the books.  That doesn't come across in the show at all unfortunately :(

Cunning_Pam
on 4/9/14 5:03 am
RNY on 12/18/13

I agree. The Hound comes across as a basically good guy underneath. I always got the impression that given different cir****tances he would be a much kinder person. But when you grow up with Gregor as a brother, who does that kind of stuff to you, well I think Sandor was just as much a victim of cir****tances as so many others in the books.

Cunning_Pam
on 4/7/14 7:26 am
RNY on 12/18/13

I was hesitant about the casting of Pedro Pascal as the Red Viper. He just doesn't have the same look that was described in the books. But after last night, I have to say...YOWZA!! Hot, hot hot! He's perfect. Sexy and dangerous!

"Tell your father I am here. And tell him the Lannisters aren't the only ones who pay their debts." /chills

Also, when I figured out what was going on in the prologue, I got a bit misty eyed. What an end for Ice and House Stark. 

And the dragons...holy mackerel! They're getting big, and Dany is starting to see that they are going to become problematic. When Drogon snapped at her...eek!

Sansa...Sophie Turner really made me feel for her. Things have been so horrible for her.

What did you like or not like?

Susan M.
on 4/7/14 10:55 am

Hmm, It sounds like I should give it another go especially since it's been a couple years since i've read them now (I chose not to buy the last books or any others until he's finished so I can get a full matching hardcover set), so I will be outdated soon on my info.  Yay?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Sad news but it's for the best
TattooMom · 3 replies · 1070 views
Does Salt Matter?
alfred098 · 5 replies · 1136 views
Wedding preps!!!!
emilinjohn11 · 1 replies · 915 views
Best Running Idea's Outfit
emmajames · 0 replies · 781 views