Welcome and introductions

Member Services
on 4/2/14 8:57 am - Irvine, CA

Since this is a new message board and a new addition to the OH community, please introduce yourself and let us know about you. 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/3/14 7:12 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

AnneGG
on 4/7/14 7:23 am, edited 4/7/14 7:24 am

Very cute cricket, Secret Agent Sparklekitty! Thanks for sharing it!  

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

OH2012
on 4/3/14 11:42 am - OH

Well,  I'm about 13 months post-op RNY.  I ended up unable to work for 4 and 1/2 months after surgery and experienced a great deal of pain and confusion.  Because of the complications, I was unable to follow the plan as I should have.  Well, I thought I was following the plan, however, it turns out that I needed more oversight.  I did manage to lose about 50 pounds and have felt/experienced the positive effects from weight loss (a very favorable impact, even with the pain and confusion).  The pain is a result of nerve damage and while I still experience pain, it is much better than it was 7 to 12 months ago.  I am better able to follow the plan now, since I am off all pain meds and able to do some exercise.

Currently, I have an incisional hernia and am scheduled for surgery next week.  I'm somewhat anxious since I was kept in surgery for 7 hours last years, which is just too, too, too much anesthesia.  But also, I'm concerned that my nerve damage may worsen and set me back.

I'm looking forward to see what topics will be posted on the "Off Topic" forum :)

(PS. I loved the cricket)

Prov. 3:5,6

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/14 12:55 pm
Member Services
on 4/4/14 2:11 am - Irvine, CA

Best of luck to you on your surgery next week.  We hope that it goes well and that your recuperation is a quick one.

It is good to know that you're doing better after the difficult 4-1/2 months of not being able to work.  Congratulations on your weight loss despite the challenges you experienced after surgery. 

Please let us know how it goes next week.

Take care, Member Services Team

AnneGG
on 4/7/14 8:14 am

I'm so sorry you have had such a hard time. Sure hope things get better for you next week!

I guess we can post anything here, just can't be mean or nasty. 

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

marymo362
on 4/3/14 12:51 pm
RNY on 03/18/14

Looking forward to what this board has to bring.....

I am 16 days post surgery, have been hanging out on OH for about 5 months. 

H/W: 312 S/W: 280 C/W: 196 Surgery date: 3/18/2014

Member Services
on 4/4/14 2:00 am - Irvine, CA

Congratulations on your RNY surgery.  How are you feeling?  We hope you're doing great.

marymo362
on 4/4/14 12:38 pm
RNY on 03/18/14

The truth is....I FEEEL AMAZING! Had no complications, very little pain and such a great support system and medical team that I entered this journey with joy! I even have a new bike that I rode this evening, for 5 miles or so. yeah. ....no remorse here!

H/W: 312 S/W: 280 C/W: 196 Surgery date: 3/18/2014

Most Active
Recent Topics
Sad news but it's for the best
TattooMom · 3 replies · 1070 views
Does Salt Matter?
alfred098 · 5 replies · 1137 views
Wedding preps!!!!
emilinjohn11 · 1 replies · 915 views
Best Running Idea's Outfit
emmajames · 0 replies · 782 views