Getting Excited for Tomorrow

Henry M.
on 2/3/13 10:39 pm - Fredericton, Canada

It is the last day of shakes and I must say it wasn't as bad as I had anticipated.  I came to Moncton 2 days early as I had dropped my kids off in Halifax with my sister and the Weather was not so nice, and I was not taking a chance of not getting here.

Having two nights alone with my wife in a hotel so that we can plan out the rest of our lives is awesome.  With 4 children we rarely get the chance to just sit and talk.

We are relaxing today, and have ourselves mentally prepared for what is to come..  Luckily while I am spending the night in the hospital she is having a sleepover with her best friend who has had a sleeve 18 months ago and has done exceptionally well.

I take great comfort in knowing that she wont be sitting and waiting nervously. 

Life is good,

Henry

Cindy F.
on 2/4/13 3:05 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 02/05/13

It's hard to believe the time is here!

I agree that the shakes were fine, you just go on automatic and do it. I've upped my shake intake by one the past few days to help with recovery (I was often only getting 3 in a day).  

May we both have an uneventful hospital stay and a speedy recovery!

Referral sent April 2004 / First Consult-Moncton June 2012 / Surgery - February 2013

5'6" / Pre-Op 355 lbs / Current Weight 185 lbs

132sunshine
on 2/4/13 4:46 am

All the best to you both tomorrow! I will be thinking of you. It is hard to believe it has been almost a year for me, time sure does fly. PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. 

T

IslandMomma
on 2/5/13 5:54 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

Congrats to both of you...we will be waiting to hear the good news and make some space on the bench for you new-bees........

Keep us updated.....and good luck...you really don;t need it but what else can I say....

Welcome to your new lives....

T

IslandMomma
on 2/17/13 7:30 pm - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

Henry,  SO how are you feeling??  almost 2 weeks post-op and almost to the "mushie" stage...how is it all going???  Please post an update to let everyone know....we all love to hear the good , bad and Yes,even the ugly!!!!!!....

Henry M.
on 2/17/13 8:16 pm - Fredericton, Canada
It has been good overall. I haven't been on the board much as I had spent a lot of time in emergency last week. No over nights but had to go in Sunday evening for a swelled calf' and back on Monday for an ultrasound. Ultra sound was clear so I was rescheduled to go for a second ultrasound that Friday as a precaution. Then on Tuesday evening my temp spiked to 39.8, so it was back to emergency for another 6+ hours to find out I was dehydrated. So two liters of IV later , I got to go home again.
Been doing great ever since except for heartburn. When I went from 4 ounces to 6 ounces the heartburn started and hasn't really subsided yet. it isn't horrible but consistently there.

The best part is the way I am melting away. My last weigh in with Monique. Before the liquids was 418 and this morning the lovely lady in my talking scale called out 369 which is awesome. When I was at the all day session last July I was at my heaviest which was 440, so with my new weight I have had a lot less pain. I no longer have to work my ankles for 10 minutes before getting out of bed. Haven't had my hips lock in over two weeks, and I feel lighter on my feet with lots of energy. I want to be going and moving all the time, driving my wife a little crazy I'm sure.
It is very odd for me to be the last one to finish at the supper table. I was always first done. The kids have been trying to slow it down but they can't be as slow as dad.
I haven't taken my metforeman for diabetes since the operation and my blood sugars have been perfect as I keep a close eye on it.
So in reality I don't mind the heartburn because overall life is great.

Thanks for asking.
Henry
Michael B.
on 2/18/13 12:03 am - Canada

Hey Henry, i just got my sleeve with dr in bathurst on jan 23rd, i had the same problem severe heartburn, doc perscribed tecta and ever since i have had none, you should ask doctor if he can perscribe it, helps with heartburn, im excited on wed ill be on soft/solid foods almost a month post op :)

sunnie41
on 2/18/13 12:56 am - Canada
VSG on 05/17/12

thanks for the update. nice to see your doing well. i also have tecta and have been taking it for bout nine months. the couple days i have missed it, i sure have noticed. it works great.

HW (last known weigh in)=452.5

2 week PRE-OP=401.8
SW-379.8

CW-226.9 (06/13/13) 

jjwbuster
on 2/18/13 11:23 am - Saint John, Canada

Thanks for the update. It is so nice to hear how well things are going. 

referral sent March 2009/ Approval signed March 2013/Surgery May 2013

HW: 404  Pre OP Liquid: 375   SW: 349   CW: 271

Henry M.
on 2/27/13 8:54 am - Fredericton, Canada

Thanks for the tips.  The Tecta works awesomely.Been felling great and the staples are now out.  so Life is awesome.

Henry

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1061 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1918 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1770 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1767 views