Need help!

doreen513
on 5/4/11 2:34 pm - PA
Hello all,
I am so confused.  I had lap band surgery, realize band in Feb 09. I have only lost ab obout 25 pounds and have gained 15 back.  I know I failed at it.  It is my fault because I did not do what I was supposed to.  2  months after surgery, I was put under major stress. Two of my grand kids were dropped off at my house and I now have custody of them and am raising them.  I am not complaining at all, I LOVE them dearly but it is then when I thought, I cannot do this with having two yound children in the house.  They were missing their mom and it was up to me to reassure them I was going to take the best care of them that anyone could. I gave them everything that I had in me. I put me on the back burner and focused on them.  I even put them before my husband and he totally understood and he gave his all too.  I am not getting any younger and have problems with my feet.  I am thinking about mini gastric bypass.  Is there anyone that had lap band and then did the MGB? 
I really truly need some kind of guidence with this.  My  husband keeps telling me that I can do this on my own.  I could not do it with the band so why does he think I can do it on my own?
Thank you all so much for your time.
Doreen

shoutjoy
on 5/6/11 3:01 am - Culpeper, VA
Hi Doreen,

I will try my best to help.  Yes, you can easily go from the Band to the MGB.  No problem.  I am seeing that you are under major stress and this is something you need to address soon by taking care of yourself.  You are no good to your grand kids if you are not healthy.  Acknowledging your error in following the program is very brave.  But try not to brow beat yourself.  You can start new everyday.  Try to think of this as a learning process.  Now you know what doesn't work for you.  Now you can make other choices.  I am more than happy to help you "sort your laundry" so to speak and make some logical decisions. 

FIrst of all, have you read over the info on the MGB website (www.clos.net)?  There is a packet you will need to start.  Now, about insurance, you will need to advocate heavily for yourself.  Part of that will involve being totally knowledeable about the MGB and the research studies that have proven it a viable option.  This may take awhile.  There is NO reason to be denied unless they are totally without heart.

Keep in touch!

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

September903
on 5/22/11 7:18 am
I was banded in 1998 and had a revision to a sleeve (VSG) on 29Apil and am pleased with the results.

sweetpotato1959
on 5/22/11 9:57 am
 Hang in there, Do what youc can each day...Get educated about what you need to be doing/ eating now, to get the most from your band, and research the surgery you want... take it daily and take care of yourself...Love those babies by taking care of yourself...
Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 926 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1257 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2074 views