Who did the VSG with Dr Fernando Garcia in Tijuana? Could you share your experience...

LeAnn B.
on 4/9/15 8:05 am - OH

I am finally having my surgery!! I am scheduled for June 11 in Tijuana with Dr Fernando Garcia at Tijuana Bariatrics. I have been talking with one of his patients who was sleeved 6 months ago and she had a really good experience. I'd love to hear your experiences, the good, bad, ugly and wonderful!!! 

I have some fears of course. Pain, risk of blood transfusions (due to religious reasons I will not accept them), post op complications, or the procedure just not working at all. I guess these are all normal, and Karen (the coordinator for my surgery) has been stellar in answering my 100 questions. I would just like to hear from you guys, the ones that went through it. I appreciate all your input!

Sandra F.
on 4/10/15 9:59 am

Check this out.  It gives you reviews of Dr. Garcia from some of the people on here.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric-surgeon/fernando-garcia/reviews

SLeevecity
on 4/12/15 6:24 am

Thanks. I will check the Dr out.

Kathy7631
on 4/12/15 8:21 pm - Vero Beach, FL

I had revision surgery with Dr. Garcia on 4/3 thru Ready4achange. I had an excellent experience. I never needed a pain pill, except for what I got in the IV. The staff were very attentive, & there was always a Dr. or 2 there all day. I did not need 1/2 of what I brought, but I didn't think to bring a light jacket. I was going from southern FL to MX, who knew it would be cool? . My husband went with me, & he also was impressed with the care. I never used the heating pad or the travel pillow [ to cover incisions on the plane]. I gave my GasX to someone *****ally needed it. My PC asked me to stay 2 extra days just to make sure everything was working, but I felt so good that I left on the original schedule. I was afraid of being constipated, so I had a wonderful glass of chocolate milk in the hotel...That did the trick, as I never drink milk. I didn't bother me to go to the  the hotel restaurant on the last night, & only have broth, try the beef broth, while hubby ate. I wasn't the only one with just a bowl of broth. I work in a Hospital, so I know good care, I & got excellent care. Feel free to ask anything....Kathy

gingerly1983
on 4/20/15 7:54 pm, edited 4/20/15 7:54 pm - FL
VSG on 05/20/15

I'm in the process of scheduling my sleeve with Dr. Garcia. It's time to pay the deposit. This is the part that makes me nervous. I'm working with someone named Alisha and someone named Curt. How did you pay your deposit? I wish there was a more secure way to pay. This place used to be 'Ready 4 a Change' but is now 'Tijuana Bariatrics'. How do I know for sure my money is going to Dr. Garcia and not to a scam artist's pocket? Ugghhhh tell me I'm freaking out over nothing. 

LeAnn B.
on 4/21/15 12:56 am - OH

I have been working with Karen and things have been pretty smooth. If I were you I would do more research on Dr Garcia and his practice to put your mind at ease. You can also call and speak directly with your coordinator. (I did most communication through email) Because they are in another state, across the country, I guess you really can't be 100% sure. It's tough when you live far away. What I've done just in case is printed out all correspondences between Karen and I, and have printed my receipt in the event that I need to prove that I did pay when I'm there for surgery. I've read lots of experiences about Dr Garcia, watched videos, read blogs and it put my mind at ease. I've considered started videos of my experience with Dr Garcia so that I can put other people's fears to rest who are considering Tijuana Bariatrics. I know this wasn't much help, but so many have had the surgery with Dr Garcia and he seems very trustworthy. If you'd like to keep in tough via email just message me! 

gingerly1983
on 4/21/15 6:24 pm - FL
VSG on 05/20/15

That's a really good idea to keep all correspondence. I saw that they were accredited by the BBB so that made me feel a little more at ease. I paid my deposit and I'm scheduled for July 21st. Hopefully, since I'm giving my job 3 months notice, they will let me have it off. Lol

ynotony1966
on 4/22/15 8:49 am

I should be there around same time, VGS

KerMer
on 4/27/15 3:58 am
VSG on 06/16/15

I will be there June 15th! Good luck to us all 

rdy2lose
on 12/31/15 6:59 am

I'm researching Dr. Garcia to hopefully have my VSG in early May 2016. I was wondering how your experiences went? I'd love to hear all about it!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 308 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 493 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1090 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1662 views