help!

angeldore
on 5/10/11 12:00 am
I was told to come here due to my addicttion to CHEEZ ITS, I am FOR REAL, SERIOUSLY addictted to those damn little things. I honestly dont know how to stop. I've tried cold turkey, but if I do that, if I want something bad enough (after obsessing over it for hours), I WILL go out & buy them. What do I do? Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Angelic

sjbob
on 5/10/11 9:16 am - Willingboro, NJ
 we can be adicted to any "food."  My problem foods are ice cream or pretzels.  Basically, I'm a junk food junkie.  I've been able to stop my addictions for a few months at a time only a few times in the last 30-40 years.  

My best suggestion is to buy the smallest amount possible.  I know that we value a good sale, but in the long run, the cost of buying a larger bag is higher as far as calories concumed.  I have trouble with this myself.  I'm not used to looking for a bad deal.  

I worked froma workbook last yeasr dealing with strategies to use on any diet.  One that may work for you is to delay having the food you want for a few minutes.  Try to think of something else to do.  You may lose the desire to have the addicting food right then.
Patricia R.
on 5/12/11 7:48 am - Perry, MI

Two suggestions for you.  One, attend Overeaters Anonymous, which uses the 12 Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous to help compulsive overeaters.  I attended them for about 14 years, concurrently with my AA participation for alcoholism.

The other suggestion would be to post on the Crossing Over to Transfer Addictions forum for support there. 
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/crossingtotransferaddiction s/discussion/

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 705 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 698 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 918 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1620 views