HEARTBURN

sjkern
on 2/4/14 5:25 am - wadena, MN

I just chatted with the office lady in Parkrapids and said since i have bad heartburn i will or might have to get gastric bypass...I think she said.

In the book it says biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch....

Don 1962
on 2/4/14 9:03 am

Regardless of the surgery type don't be suprised if your Dr. puts you on some sort of antacid initially after surgery.  I'm creeping up on six years and still take one everyday and PRN when "Oscar" shows his ass, so to speak.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

sjkern
on 2/4/14 10:15 am - wadena, MN

I FOUND SOME ANSWERS AND COPIED AND PASTE:

GASTRIC BYPASS:

Dr. Gregg Nishi 

It is also the best operation for patients with diabetes, heartburn/reflux, large hiatal hernias, or are very obese (BMI over 50). It should only be done by an experienced surgeon.

Dr. Joseph A. Kuhn

For either>Band, Bypass, or Sleeve: 80-100 pounds overweight. Gastric Bypass is preferable when there is significant heartburn (reflux), diabetics on insulin, or severe obesity (BMI > 50). The Sleeve and Band are generally avoided with significant heartburn problems. All procedures can really help with joint problems, hypertension, high cholesterol.

Dr. Gregg NishI

The the bypass is the gold standard for weight loss operations. It's been around for over 50 yrs and is a proven operation. It is the best in terms of overall weight loss. It is also the best operation for patients with diabetes, heartburn/reflux, large hiatal hernias, or are very obese (BMI over 50). It should only be done by an experienced gastric bypass surgeon. The sleeve is a close second.

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
82much · 1 replies · 7 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
82much · 1 replies · 7 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 48 views
Memorial Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 62 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 92 views