I hate it when my car is broken

hercules411
on 4/27/11 12:07 pm
Is it just a guy thing?  One thing that really brings me down is having car problems that cause me NOT to have a set of wheels.

Not only do I dislike not being able to get around as much.. I think it also bothers me if I can't make the repairs myself and have to PAY someone else to fix the car.

My car has been in the shop since Monday night to repair the front end.

To get to work Tuesday morning, my wife had to drop me off on the way to her job.  That means I had to start work about  three hours early.. It was a long eleven hour day.

I decided this morning that I didn't want to be at work that long.. so I rode my bicycle to work.

I completed the seven and a half mile trip in a half hour. The sun was out and it was warm.

It was better than driving.. but I still want my car back soon.

Max wt. 500+  WLS workshop  4/6/09 440 Surgery  9/21/09  324   9/21/10  218
Save $4 on Obesity Help magazine subscription using promo code: HERCULES
www.obesityhelp.com/store/action,addtocart/itemId,1/pcode, hercules /

sjbob
on 4/28/11 1:42 am - Willingboro, NJ
 We can all relate to the frustrations due to repair problems.  My dad had been a maintenance mechanic in a factory but he was always able to work on his own cars until the various items were added to make the exhaust cleaner ( I just cna't think of the word) and the introduction of so many electronics.

I have a friend who bought a 2007 Dodge Charger Super Bee because his kids are all grown and he can afford it now.  Well, he can afford the car payments, but it has a 6 liter HEMI in it, runs on premium, and gets po******ileage.  He didn't mind that until the gas prices started to jump.  In addition, tires and wheels cost a small fortune.  He was just telling me that he found moisture inside his headlamp.  The dealer said the headlamp is not covered by the warranty unless it burns out.  He said he'll wait for it to burn out tnd then take it to the dealer.  But, the whole thing is in a sealed unit.  Unlike the old cars, you can't just go under the hood and unscrew it.  Rather, the entire front end has to be taken off just to change the headlamp.  That has to be wrong.  Phew.
Michael P.
on 4/29/11 9:05 pm
Oh yeah, you don't know how dependant you are on your vehicle until it is in the repair shop.  It is one of the most inconvenient things.  Look at it this way,  with $4 plus per gallon gas prices you are saving some Dough!!  :-)

9/9/09: Highest Weight: 506.5 lbs              9/20/10:  Tufts Start Weight: 492.4 lbs
2/7/11:  Surgery Wt: 462.5 lbs.                  9/16/12: Current Weight: 287.8 lbs.
4/15/12:  First 5K - BAA 5K - PR 35:49
Most Active
Memorial Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 34 views
Recent Topics
Memorial Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 34 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 65 views
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 79 views
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In