Protein Bars

Scott_I
on 2/6/07 9:58 am
We talk about protein shakes a lot, but not Protein Bars. I have enjoyed LABRADA Rock-N-Roll Bar. Its kind of like a payday candy bar with only 2g of sugar. For me they taste good and really fill me up for a good long time. 290 calories, 16g fat, 150 calories from fat. I really like them when I have to grab something quick. Do any of your reccomend them or avoid them for reasons I am currently unaware of? What kind do you like?
Tommy Deese
on 2/6/07 10:04 am - Dothan, AL
I know a lot of folks don't advocate the bars, but I really like the Pay Day Pro. I find them here at Wal-Mart. I know it isn't the best choice, but they do come in handy. Tommy
cgatens
on 2/6/07 10:18 am - Bricktown, NJ
I just have a real problem with sweets and they are too much like candy bars. They are suppose to be a meal replacement and I was using them as a snack. I am trying hard to get rid of all Sweet treats out of the house; they are my downfall for sure
Paul Gubrud
on 2/6/07 10:26 am - Pelican Rapids, MN
Scott, I've tried a few protein bars and for the most part have not cared for them as they are too sweet. The one I like is the South Beach protein bar. They are available at most grocery stores. I don't care for the SB snack bars or their meal replacement bars. The first has more carbs than its worth and the meal replacement is more than I want for a snack. I ate the protein bars as a forenoon snack for the first few months. Now my snack of choice is 2 or 3 slices of low fat ham or turkey luncheon meat wrapped around a cheese stick. I dip it in a little mustard and it is delicious. Depending on the brand, the combination is around 20 - 25 grams of protein for around 150 - 180 calories. May Your Lantern Burn Bright, Paul
Dx E
on 2/6/07 11:37 am - Northern, MS
Scott, some folks love 'em... I developed "sweets aversion" from my surgery- Thank Heavens... I prefer Beef Jerky to the protein bars if I need something Quick and portable. In general, I don't use much "protein supplements" at all now-a-days. It was very important earlier on, but now I get in enough fish and eggs and such To cover my protein needs... Some do swear by the daily protein bars and shakes. Whatever works, works... Best Wishes- Dx
Jay from NY
on 2/6/07 11:58 am - New york, NY
I like Pure Protein bars. The smaller bars range from 170-190 cal, 5g fat, 2g sugar & 20g protein. The larger bars have 270-290 cal, 32g protein. Here in NY they are sold in Shoprite for $1.29 (go as low as $1.00 on sale). GNC has the larger bars only. And they taste great too. Jay
Karen The Papaya
Queen

on 2/6/07 9:31 pm - somewhere
our Wally World carries these too....
Most Active
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 37 views
Recent Topics
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 37 views
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 63 views