Surgery at 7:30 Tomorrow

dfobert
on 2/4/07 6:08 am - Cornwall, Canada
Hello Everyone, We've just settled into our hotel room in Rochester, N.Y. and getting ready to watch the Superbowl. I'm scheduled to have my surgery tomorrow morning at 7:30 a.m. at Highland Hospital with Dr. O'Malley. Make room on the loser's bench, cause I'll be squeezing on there tomorrow. Please keep my in your thoughts and prayers! Dale
semperfidad
on 2/4/07 6:19 am - Shelbyville, IL
Got you a spot and keeping it warm for you! Take it easy, and enjoy the journey!! See you on the losers bench... Semper Fidleis!!
Jim G.
on 2/4/07 6:22 am - Waverly, PA
Dale, Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. Jim
(deactivated member)
on 2/4/07 6:26 am
I had RNY on 1/31....3 day stay. Surgery day, I was drugged. Day II, not too bad, night II sucked, gas kicked in, and I had a hard time wizzing after they took out the foley. Day III, didn't care how I felt, I was just happy to be going home. It'll be well worth it, so keep your chin up. Every day, it gets better, and the pain gets less. I just wish now I did this after the game, so I coulda had some wings, before this radical change....well, in about 12 months, maybe I can have 1 or 2... Don't sweat it, dude. Good luck.
Ron .
on 2/4/07 6:34 am - DFW, TX
Welcome to the bench Dale: Just so you know, I posted this exact message for Danny. I wish you both the best of luck tomorrow with your surgeries. Although I can't tell you what will happen, I can tell you what my experience was at the time of surgery. First, the night before I was as nervous as a person could be. It wasn't the prospect of having surgery as I had done the routine many, many times before for other reasons. I think it was the fear of not being able to satisfy my hunger like I had become used to. Well let me put your fears to rest. After surgery you won't have hunger like you're used to pre-op. I didn't anyway. I had open RNY and I found it to be a little more painful than I had imagined. Don't worry, the hospital will provide you with morphine. I had a button that I could push every 8 minutes. It really takes the edge off the pain. Make sure to get up and walk ASAP. It will be very uncomfortable at first, but gets easier each time afterwards. You won't be able to eat or drin****il the doctor make sure everything is sealed up tight, 48 hours for me. Also not a huge deal because your appetite will be next to nothing, or nothing in my case. It does become a little rough in the first two weeks during the liquid diet. I found that doing a lot of research at the grocery store helped me. I would spend an hour or more just looking at different labels and wishing the liquid phase was over. Then on to the pureed foods. Eating pureed foods fills you a little better, but the food tastes bland. Use hot sauce and seasoning to keep things spiced up a little. It really helps. Before you know it, you're on to the soft food diet. I was thanking God when this phase rolled around. Your body will start to crave chewing solid food, it's normal. Make sure you're careful trying new foods. Try one new food at a time. IF you are a dumper, then you can isolate what made you sick and discontinue use of that food. Drinking your fluids and taking your vitamins are also very important because along with the malabsorption of food, you do the same with fluids and nutrients. Good luck with your journey. Your body will thank you for the weight loss. I lost 45 lbs in the first month, 29 first two weeks, 10 third week, 5 fourth week. Some guys lose more than that. I started at 351 lbs. Today I am 6 months out at 255 lbs. Ronnie P.S. Fell free to drop me a line with any questions.
(deactivated member)
on 2/4/07 6:38 am - Houston, TX
DALE... Get your Azz over here, the bench is looking empty Russ
Dx E
on 2/4/07 7:20 am - Northern, MS
Have the Greatest Dale!! Hurry on Home and start walking away from those pounds And into your new life! Best Wishes- Dx
Paul Gubrud
on 2/4/07 7:51 am - Pelican Rapids, MN
Dale, Good luck to you tomorrow. Just go with the flow and trust everything to your surgeon and nurses... and God. You will be fine and on the loser's bench before you know it. See you on the other side. May Your Lantern Burn Bright, Paul
btankersley
on 2/4/07 9:16 am - Farragut, TN
Dale- Welcome to the bench. Remember - the morphine button is your friend in the first couple of days after surgery. And don't forget to push the button before you go walking the first time. We'll be lifting you up tomorrow. Just chill, and do your part - walk, rest and get better. Brian
Scott_I
on 2/4/07 11:33 am
Only the best Dale. Get home soon and I look forward to having you here on the losers bench.
Most Active
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 36 views
Recent Topics
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 36 views
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 62 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 5 replies · 87 views
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 97 views