For Dan E...

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/07 10:14 am - Eagle River, AK
... and other pyromaniacs everywhere, I respectfully submit for your entertainment and approval: The Cremora Bomb... http://www.fototime.com/7ACC55265EC7AEC/conv.wmv 2.5 gallon bucket -- $2.50 Nine 22 oz bottles of Cremora -- $25 One oz of "E" type + one oz of "F" type black powder -- $5 Electric match -- $1 Three former fat guys gone skinny (all RnY) recapturing their youth (and getting away with it) -- PRICELESS! - Bob
kevin moran
on 2/4/07 10:38 am - stockton, CA
Fantastic..... How did you get it on the lake ?
(deactivated member)
on 2/5/07 4:01 am - Eagle River, AK
We built it right there on the lake in the back of my Jeep! - Bob
NotDave (Howyadoin?)
on 2/4/07 10:48 am - Japan
Uhh...be careful...used to do muzzleloaders. Black powder sounds old fashioned, but 1-2 ounces can easily blow your azz off under the right conditions! Get a long fuse and do it far away from the police! Dave
(deactivated member)
on 2/5/07 4:05 am - Eagle River, AK
Dave, it was two 1 ounce measures, which probably weighed a lot less than two ounces (two 35mm film canisters worth), and was set off electrically from a distance of about 100 feet, but I appreciate your concern. It was as loud as an old artillery cannon. My friend (who was running the video camera) is a licensed pyrotechnician, and has done this dozens of times, so i was very comfortable. Of course, I was the one who hooked up the wires and touched it to the car battery! - Bob
NotDave (Howyadoin?)
on 2/4/07 1:51 pm - Japan
Great way to make a statement against trans-fats -or- Do they still make cremora out of those? Dave
(deactivated member)
on 2/5/07 4:07 am - Eagle River, AK
We used the fat free stuff this time, which probably explains why we didn't get as big a fireball as we did when we used the full fat stuff in previous times. Fat burns real good... - Bob
NotDave (Howyadoin?)
on 2/5/07 4:12 am - Japan
Reminds me of the "sausage rocket" that they made on Mythbusters. Apparently, even sausage works as a hydrocarbon fuel along with black powder, so you can imagine what a dry, powdered fat like Cremora would do. Dave
(deactivated member)
on 2/5/07 4:21 am - Eagle River, AK
You don't have to imagine at all... That's why I posted the video! - Bob
NotDave (Howyadoin?)
on 2/5/07 4:47 am - Japan
Bob, Sorry, thought you used fat-free? My mistake. Burn more hydrocarbons, burn more! Dave
Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 32 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 32 views
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 54 views
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 78 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 5 replies · 105 views