Pretzles

SouthJerseyChris
on 2/2/07 1:10 am - Brick, NJ
My company must love fat people. Every pay day, they put out trays of soft pretzles and mustard for those of us who work here. I snagged one of the boxes one day to see the nutrition info for one of these puppies. It was not kind. Each pretzel has 600+ calories.... and that's before we get to the salt. *sigh* I know, everyone here is waiting to hear that I caved in on one. I didn't. I don't cave on thse because I know better and I allow myself to break off about a third of one. This way I enjoy the treat without slamming myself for 600 calories. I'm just whining about it now because I -want- to cave. I want to stuff myself until I puke. I -want- the whole damn pretzel. I won't do it of course... but that still never stops the 'I want to's" Thanks.
nicksohnrey
on 2/2/07 3:31 am - Syracuse, UT
WOW thats a lota calories ! What about carbs ? Good thing for me Im not a bread kinda guy . That is not to say that I dont have my own food demonds to face . Im a bander so for alot of us ( banders ) bread's and such just dont work . Nick
SouthJerseyChris
on 2/2/07 3:45 am - Brick, NJ
at -least- 100g per pretzel ;)
Chris M.
on 2/2/07 3:56 am
100g!!! and 600 calories!!!! man, I am going to miss pretzels
SouthJerseyChris
on 2/2/07 3:58 am - Brick, NJ
These are =big= soft pretzels. Nothing says you can't have 1/4 of one at 125 calories and 25g carbs.. wich is more of a normal portion anyways..eh?
Chris M.
on 2/2/07 4:05 am
Ugh, those are the best kind with salt and mustard. A quarter of one may just hit the spot when the time comes, unfortunatley not now though(had 2 smaller ones last night). Even still, I'm sure Atkins would rollover in his grave! lol.
Dx E
on 2/2/07 6:46 am - Northern, MS
Hey Chris, Glad to see you back!! I missed you popping back in this last week. Look at the little bit of pretzel this way- "At least they have no nicotine!" Keep up the Great Work of resisting Temptation!! "vivent la résistance!!" Best Wishes- Dx
Paul Gubrud
on 2/2/07 8:28 am - Pelican Rapids, MN
Chris, The company I work for loves fat people too. I'm the quality assurance manager for a snack food manufacturer and I am around all kinds of junk food every day. Fortunately, I have learned to deal with it. In management meetings I was often asked to taste samples of our products, as well as those our competitors even though everyone knows I have had weight loss surgery. When I have had to sample something I willing put it in my mouth, chew thoroughly and then I walked over to the nearest wastebasket and spit it out. It grosses everyone out and I am rarely asked to taste test anything now days. But, that doesn't mean I don't occasionally get the cravings for junk food and sometimes it is hard to control myself as I'm surrounded by it every day. I'll eat a couple of handfuls of popcorn once in awhile but other than that I can abstain. Sometimes you just have to bite your lip and fight the urge. But, it is not easy! Believe me, I know. I also fight the "want to's" every day. May Your Lantern Burn Bright, Paul
Most Active
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 35 views
Recent Topics
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 35 views
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 62 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 5 replies · 87 views
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 97 views