DON'T DO IT!

MARIA F.
on 11/15/12 7:52 am - Athens, GA

Liquid calories that is. Many bandsters (or WLS'ers in general actually) focus on what they eat, and getting protein in. Many will avoid carbonation, but not necessarily the liquid calories. I'm not a big fan of water myself, but if you add lemon, or Crystal Light or HI punch sf mixes it's not that bad.

I try not to drink a lot of calories unless it's a protein shake, juice or Gatorade/Powerade. I very much limit my juice and also my Garotade/Powerade unless it's G2 or Powerade Zero.

So when you're counting calories, don't forget to count those liquid calories!

FormerlyFluffy.com

prek-3
on 11/15/12 7:11 pm - Hollywood, FL
Amen Maria!
Plus any liquid, even if it is a protein drink will not satisfy you! It is still a liquid, and will slide right through. If you are months post op and still making your protein drink the "main event" in your diet, that's problematic. New pre and post ops are to focus on protein drinks for obvious reasons.

Protein drinks for after a FILL for 24 hours or whatever your doctor recommends.

Protein drinks also after a "stuck" episode! Even a small stuck episode. Many get themselves in trouble and end up abusing their bands when not following directions. Remember , after a "stuck" episode the stoma is irritated. Let it rest.

Do not all forget not all protein is created equal. Go back to your hand book from doctor on this matter.

Be careful, with what you are choosing to add to a protein drink, we still need to consider the carb and sugar aspect. While as bandsters we don't dump, but sugar is sugar and it Will set you up to crave more sugar!

Big word for the day "solid" protein!!!!
Prek3

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

MARIA F.
on 11/15/12 11:47 pm - Athens, GA
On November 16, 2012 at 3:11 AM Pacific Time, prek-3 wrote:
Amen Maria!
Plus any liquid, even if it is a protein drink will not satisfy you! It is still a liquid, and will slide right through. If you are months post op and still making your protein drink the "main event" in your diet, that's problematic. New pre and post ops are to focus on protein drinks for obvious reasons.

Protein drinks for after a FILL for 24 hours or whatever your doctor recommends.

Protein drinks also after a "stuck" episode! Even a small stuck episode. Many get themselves in trouble and end up abusing their bands when not following directions. Remember , after a "stuck" episode the stoma is irritated. Let it rest.

Do not all forget not all protein is created equal. Go back to your hand book from doctor on this matter.

Be careful, with what you are choosing to add to a protein drink, we still need to consider the carb and sugar aspect. While as bandsters we don't dump, but sugar is sugar and it Will set you up to crave more sugar!

Big word for the day "solid" protein!!!!
Prek3

I don't like my protein shakes with water, and milk has a lot of calories. I now use unsweetened almond milk. Just as good, and depending on the brand, 35-45 calories.

FormerlyFluffy.com

Rebecca F.
on 11/15/12 10:13 pm

Liquids have been an issue for me for sure.  Love the pop.  That is the first thing I am eliminating as I get back on track.  Next is my coffee.  I drink a 32 oz coffee every day with 2 packs of swiss miss and full flavored creamers (you know the yummy frilly ones.)  Don't even want to think about how many calories are in my morning coffee.

MARIA F.
on 11/15/12 11:44 pm - Athens, GA
On November 16, 2012 at 6:13 AM Pacific Time, Rebecca F. wrote:

Liquids have been an issue for me for sure.  Love the pop.  That is the first thing I am eliminating as I get back on track.  Next is my coffee.  I drink a 32 oz coffee every day with 2 packs of swiss miss and full flavored creamers (you know the yummy frilly ones.)  Don't even want to think about how many calories are in my morning coffee.

The flavored creamers are awesome, aren't they?! Very high calorie though. Buy some DaVinci SF syrup. They have like 50 SF flavors! I have about 10-15 of them. I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but I use them in protein shakes, oatmeal, yogurt. They could be used in coffee also, and the fruity flavors some use in tea.

http://www.davincigourmet.com/products/sugar_free_flavored_s yrups/

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active