Pros of lapband

Paula C.
on 7/15/12 3:06 am
Sadly to say, there is really none.

My band stopped working after only three months.

Revised to bypass and wish I had RNY in the first place.
SueBee01
on 7/15/12 3:32 am - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
Sorry to hear you had problems.
 Sue

tripmom02
on 7/15/12 6:13 am - NJ
 This was the only pro that came of having my band - 

I lost just enough weight to make me fertile enough to get pregnant on my own, best and only gift my band ever game me! 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

c_cubed
on 7/15/12 6:32 am
Well, I've lost 63 pounds in 9 months and so far, am doing great.  'Nuff said.
Guernica Loser
on 7/15/12 7:29 am
 It's taught me portion control and mindful eating that's for sure. I've lost 78 pounds since the week before surgery, and if I hadn't gotten sick and back on prednisone, I know I would have lost more.

But as time goes on the band gets bothersome in terms of restriction.  I'm glad I have it though!

I've been on prednisone and chemo for over 7.5 years.  Gained over 160 pounds due to pred. Highest wt. 410. Surgery wt. 365. Current wt. 299
See ya,400s, 90s,80s,70s, 60s, 50s, 40s, 30s, 20s, 10s 300s!!!!  

heathercross
on 7/15/12 8:14 am, edited 7/15/12 8:15 am - New York, NY
 As a former RNY, it taught me portion control.  the RNY is a walk in the park and everyone looses weight, its the easiest surgery alive next to the DS. You just "exist" and lose.  My BOB done last June, has given me my life back. I've lost all the regain in 1 year, as I wanted to (about 70lbs) and I am fit, I exercise 7 days a week.  Now, I did all that too with the RNY and even more so, but, I rememberbeing more hungry with the RNY than with the band. I mean, its only been a year, and I know the complications could come, but, I want to lose another 25lbs to get me to 150 and then revaluate from there.  

Oh, and if I hadn't have had the revision, I'd be on my way back to 300lbs for sure.  Dr Roslin scared me straight when he told me that pre-surgery.
feelingreat
on 7/19/12 12:55 am - Bayonne, NJ
RNY on 11/29/04 with
Hi
I sent you a post on your thread, can you please read it.....
Thank you
Joann
Nic M
on 7/15/12 8:35 am
I met a lot of really awesome people in my lapband support group. But other than that, there were no "pros" for me with the lapband, either.

Well, OK, maybe the fact that I went through all the bad stuff made me appreciate the good stuff in life could be construed as a "pro," if you were really grasping at straws, I suppose. I'm happy to be alive, anyway!   But I was pretty happy before the band, too.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/12 10:32 am - Bay City, MI
I think it was 3 months for me too. Glad it's gone.
kathkeb
on 7/15/12 12:09 pm
Paula,
I am sorry to read that.

My band has worked exactly as presented to me for over three years.

My surgeon told me to expect the band to 'dim my appetite' and it has done that from day one.

Quite simply, it helps me make a very small amount of good food be enough for several hours and quashes my between meal hunger.
Kath

Most Active