Dissapointed with the Message Board-nothing seems to change

bandhope
on 5/22/12 6:31 am - TX
I have been away  from the board awhile. I have been banded for many years and doing well.  I view this journey as a daily work in progress. I must take care of myself and be accountable. I stopped by to do so and nothing seems to change. I guess there will always be surgery wars so to speak, regrets, and people getting very defensive. I'm truly sorry for those who have gone through hard times and those that live in fear. Who knows....I might be in the same boat a year or more down the line. Today, I am well and fighting ever day to stay healthy physically and emotionally. Whatever method you practice to stay healthy, I wish you the very best!!! It is not an easy battle or chore. I am thankful for this journey! I feel like I received a second chance and I'm riding it out with a positive outlook. Best wishes to all!!!
cheyenne000
on 5/22/12 7:58 am
VSG on 03/25/16
Welcome back , you are doing a fantastic job. Glad to hear all is going great. A lot had changed but there are still some positives you just need to put on your hip wadders  at times.

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

MARIA F.
on 5/22/12 6:12 pm - Athens, GA

Question. Don't you think starting posts about how negative you thin the forum is just makes it more negative??? 

FormerlyFluffy.com

Cheryl N.
on 5/22/12 11:00 pm - Des Moines, WA
On May 23, 2012 at 1:12 AM Pacific Time, MARIA F. wrote:

Question. Don't you think starting posts about how negative you thin the forum is just makes it more negative??? 
Amen!

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

bandhope
on 5/23/12 1:41 am - TX
Yes, I agree. However, I don't feel my point was negative. I'm sorry you felt otherwise. Best wishes to you!
whithark
on 5/23/12 1:25 am - Bristol, RI
If I had more time, I would start a private FB group for those of us still doing good with our bands. I'm not trying to downplay anyone's negative experiences, I realize they are important and educational, especially for those who have not yet had surgery. But for me right now, I would love to have a place to go to not have the daily reminders of the bad things that can happen. I am not in denial, I know it might be me someday, but it's not me now, so I'd like to stay positive as long as possible. Sigh...maybe someday I'll have the time. When my 3 children (all under 3 years old) are 18.
Jaime 

Nic M
on 5/23/12 1:34 am
There are a few on facebook, I believe. If you're interested, I think all you'd need to do is type in a few keywords and they'd pop up. I'm pretty sure that I recall seeing a number of them and I'm sure they'd invite you in.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

bandhope
on 5/23/12 1:47 am - TX
There are lots of people who are doing well. It seems trying to find a "fit or support group" is often the tricky part. I'm like you, I don't want to hide my head in the sand so to speak, but staying positive it very much needed. Best wishes to you!
MARIA F.
on 5/23/12 3:09 am - Athens, GA
On May 23, 2012 at 8:25 AM Pacific Time, whithark wrote:
If I had more time, I would start a private FB group for those of us still doing good with our bands. I'm not trying to downplay anyone's negative experiences, I realize they are important and educational, especially for those who have not yet had surgery. But for me right now, I would love to have a place to go to not have the daily reminders of the bad things that can happen. I am not in denial, I know it might be me someday, but it's not me now, so I'd like to stay positive as long as possible. Sigh...maybe someday I'll have the time. When my 3 children (all under 3 years old) are 18.

There is the band grad group. I doubt very seriously that they let anyone post anything "negative" on there.

FormerlyFluffy.com

AMichelle
on 5/23/12 11:15 am
Bandhope, it's nice to see familiar faces back on here. I'm more of a lurker than a poster myself. I was on the boards for the first several months before and after my surgery. It was an active, supportive and informative resource. Anyway, glad you're well.

Most Active