I rediscovered my exercise bike

coachgrrl
on 4/13/12 9:28 am, edited 4/13/12 9:30 am
 Tendonitis in my right achilles tendon has been acting up.  This has really thrown a wrench into my walking routine...and shoe choices.  If I walk after work or wear anything other than my danskos I am in pain and icing all evening.  I've mananged to gain 12 lbs and am not happy about it.  When I had this a few years back I found swimming really helped, but right now my work schedule is tight and I would either have to go to the Y very early (5am) or after 7pm when swim lessons are done.  I know either of those option wouldn't work.  SO today I tried my old exercise bike...it has the handles that go back and forth so you really get your HR up.  Put on tv and road for 30 minutes.  I feel great ...and NO foot pain...WOOHOO

kathkeb
on 4/13/12 11:28 am
Yippee!!

I have tendinitis in my right ankle, too and when it flares up it really hurts.

Congrats on finding an exercise you can work into your busy life.
Kath

vlp1968
on 4/13/12 8:44 pm
Good for you! Excersise is such a big piece of the puzzle. I am glad you found something that works for you. Keep up the good work!
SueBee01
on 4/14/12 12:25 pm - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
I have been battling it in both Achille's tendons for nearly two years now. I am doing most of my exercise in the pool or stationary bike for the same reason. I have even had to go to tennis shoes without a heel because of the intense pain if anything pushes on my heel.

Be very careful as you don't want to get micro tears and have to go through plasma shot therapy to try to heal the tendons. That was the most painful thing I have ever been through. Worked for one, but still troublesome with the other.

Hoping the weight loss will help.

Hope you feel better soon. Try to stretch you ankle with a rubber band every day to keep it strengthened.
 Sue

coachgrrl
on 4/14/12 12:38 pm
 Yes, I have those band somewhere too.

I rode this am and I have to say my foot/ankle feels almost normal.  Will ease into it.  But it's making me feel a little relieved.

SueBee01
on 4/14/12 12:41 pm - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
Glad you are feeling better. I remember the intense pain about 1/2 hour after exercising. Hopefully that will stay away.
 Sue

free4l1fe
on 4/14/12 7:43 pm - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12
 good job!! sometimes it can be so hard to fit in a work out. keep up the good work :)
coachgrrl
on 4/15/12 9:48 am
 Did it again this am...and I think it may be making my tendonitis better.  No foot/ankle pain this weekend. YIPPEE and I did a walk around the block with my fitflops (which are tendon friendly) too!

Most Active