2 years out and thinking about joining Weigh****chers

Stella S.
on 1/31/12 6:22 am
I lost over 100 lbs in the first year.  In the last year I have gained 35 of it back.  I do not need a fill because if my doc even gives me 1/2 of a cc. I am too tight.  I just find my old habits creeping back in.  Not eating protein, eating junk, getting lazy.  All of the reasons that I got fat in the first place.

I was thinking that by joining weigh****chers it would make me be accountable for the food I eat, the exercise i do and being put on the scales weekly.

Any thoughts?

Thank you ,
Stella
(deactivated member)
on 1/31/12 6:46 am - Canada
I am in my 3rd week of wwatchers online. I joined the online because I dont like journalling or counting points, and to be honest have been there so much that I feel embarressed going back. However to my surprise , love , LOVE, the online Weigh****chers. It is so easy to use, they do all the work for me,. They tell me how many points I am allowed and subtract the points from my daily total allowed, when I enter my food I have eaten. AS well they have recipees, a program that tallys my exercise points, and monitoors my weight loss. I am doing great on it, just see-ing my points allowed has made me make wise choices. So glad I joined, plus they now have a promotion, not sure when it ends, (so check it out soon} for free join up fee and a special 3 month price. Hope this info helps
Brown_Eyed_Girl2010
on 1/31/12 1:38 pm
Lap Band on 12/02/10 with
When you join WWs on line do you use the same amount of points that they figure out for you or is there a different amount for bandsters?  I have been thinking of doing WW online but I know the amount of food they tell my mother to eat daily would be impossible for me

Thanks

Starting Weight 309  Surgery Day Weight 267  Goal Weight 170     
(deactivated member)
on 1/31/12 10:22 pm - Canada
Yes, I use their points, (with this new program, the point values are higher and most fruit and vegetables are free point values). I have no problem using all the points I am allotted and usually all of the weekly bonus points too. I dont always get all the veggies in, but stirfrys help .I have lost every week so far.
Karebear79
on 1/31/12 9:20 am
I am on my second week of WW's online. I'm no good at journaling what I eat without it. lol! If I am paying for the service, I am on top of it. So it works for me. I have the app on my iPhone and it's with me anywhere I go. I have 3 kids and a husband who travels about 3 weeks out of the month so meetings aren't doable for me. I've done the meeting thing 3 other times and it worked for me then when I lived closer to family who could watch my then 2 kids while I went to the meeting. But I've moved an hour away from them and I don't know anyone here and we haven't found a babysitter yet. But online works for me. It's cheaper and you get the same information as going to meetings. I'd say give it a shot. It couldn't hurt. If you find it's not working for you, it's easy to cancel your membership. I think the online deal, no sign-up fee, ends in March. You get charged just under $60 when you sign up and then you are good for 3 months. After that it's less than $20/month. BTW, I'm down 3.4lbs since joining.

~Karen~

6cc's in a 10cc band
kathkeb
on 1/31/12 1:00 pm
I re-joined WW about 6 weeks post op and I used it to get to goal, and then lifetime and now maintenance.

It is a cornerstone of my week --- I actually get up on Saturday morning for a 7:30am meeting -- it is THAT good!

I don't always journal, I just follow most of the rules most of the time ---- and that allows me to maintain.

In order to lose, I have to do a bit more than that - I have to focus on Power Foods (protein/produce mostly) and kick out the liquid calories and make sure that I get some exercise most days.

Good luck -- I love the accountability of WW and hope you will to
Kath

Lisa O.
on 2/1/12 2:40 am - Snoqualmie, WA
I did WW last year to lose the weight I gained over Christmas.  It worked.  The most important thing for me is weighing in and listening to the lectures.  It made me accountable to the scale and I was reminded of all the good habits I know and don't utilize on a daily basis.  Give it a try!

Best of luck!  You CAN do it!

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

jennifer B.
on 2/1/12 6:11 pm
I joined watched watchers almost four months ago and am now in my second week of maintenance to make lifetime. I think the points plus is the best ww yet and I have done it before. I joined the meetings so that I would be accountable to weigh in weekly and stay on track because I kept trying to loose more weight on my own and was staying the same. If I were you I would join ww and then work towards lifetime so that you can always be accountable to the scale. Although in the last sixteen weeks I have fought for every pound that I have lost and I have gone up and down on the scale and that is frustrating but I guess all part of being a woman. Good luck
JENNIFER 5'7" Tall - 33 YEARS OLD - Ticker Includes 26 Pounds Lost Pre Op - 2.4cc in a 4cc lap band with a low profile port - 1st fill 6/19/2009 of .2cc - 2nd fill 7/24/2009 of  1.3cc  -  3rd fill 9/11/2009 of .3cc -  4th Fill 10/30/2009 of 1.8cc - only had .4cc when I went supspect leak - 11-9-2009 Upper Gi with fluroscopy - Do not have a leak and band looks great...I finally have restriction - I love my BAND!!!  5th Fill 1/11/2010 of .2cc  6th Fill 3/15/2010   of .3cc.  1st UNFILL of .6 cc or so on 4/19/2010  7th  Fill 7/26/2010 .2cc  Eighth Fill 8/30/2010 .2cc  Ninth Fill 10/25/2010 .1cc  Tenth Fill 12/20/2010  .1cc       

lucky62756
on 2/2/12 10:56 pm - York Haven, PA
VSG on 12/02/14
 I did ww 3yrs.  before my lap band surgery. I lost 34 pounds in 6 months... I was also thinking about joining again... Do you tell them that you had the lap band? I wasn't sure how they (WW) would react to having a weight loose surgery. I am slow at loosing right now and would love to kick start again..."Lucky"

2/09 pre. 264.7            214 lbs. Band removal.  4/29/20014       revision to sleeve 12/2/14  243.4

Most Active