I'm getting better, I swear! (kinda rambling)

mommy2jude
on 1/31/12 2:14 am - Jacksonville, FL
Revision on 12/08/15
Well it's been kinda tough for me these last few weeks. I was beating myself up over a 12 lb loss then stall, and mind you, I am 4 weeks out (as of yesterday)! I finally realized it had to do with several factors:

1) I keep in touch with someone from a Lifeskills class I had to take, she had her WLS 2.5 weeks before mine. We text back and forth, and I have become competative hearing her talk about how much she has lost, and when I wasn't doing as well as her I allowed myself to feel defeated. NOT a good thing! So I told myself that it is what it is, and this band is a tool, and I need to use it as such. I really should know better, but hey it happens!

2) I finally decided enough was enough with my darn scale, and left it behind at my therapist's office. She is also a bander, so she knew that I was being way too hard on myself over a few ounces here and there. She said getting it out of sight would help me to relax, so I told her she could be its keeper for a few weeks, until I can get my head in a better place. I trying to come up with something to take its place. Like maybe whenever I get the urge to weight myself, I start to jog in place for one minute. I normally HATE jogging and/or running, so at the very least, it will be healthy for mind AND body, lol.

I did pick up some additional supplements today: papaya enzyme, biotin and vitamin C. I have B12 patches that I started on over the weekend. Does anyone recommend anything else? (I already have calcium chews and multi vitamins at home) I was told to get CLA to reduce my belly fat. Is this safe, or just a money waster?

I can do this...I know I can. It's just going to take time & patience.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

Nic M
on 1/31/12 4:08 am
I used CLA for a while on the advice of a homeopathic practitioner. I didn't notice any change in my belly fat, honestly. I still have some sitting in my medicine cabinet, actually!  I don't think it hurts to take it, though. As long as you aren't paying exorbitant amounts of moolah for it, ya know?

I think you were smart to lose the scale for awhile. It can be enough to drive you bonkers if you let it.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

-Mari-
on 1/31/12 5:50 am
12 lbs in 4 weeks is absolutely great. Just think, our average is supposed to be 2 lbs a week. I've found most of us have stalls, mine was at 3 weeks. There were 3 of us who were banded on the same day, on OH. I used to do, like you,and compare myself with them. But I knew I had to quit that. I would just think, I am doing EVERYTHING by the book, so the weight will come off,eventually, nothing else I can do. And it did. Some weeks more, some less. I would only weight once a week, but if it is bothering you, throw that thing away, like you did. Pay attention to how you feel and how your clothes are fitting. Support groups are great, mine was all bandsters. The only reason I know to take the papaya is for a "stuck" episode, don't think you need to take those for anything else, (could be wrong ) Are you exercising? Even just walking around the block? That helped me with my WL. Good luck!
 Mari  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
mommy2jude
on 1/31/12 8:46 am - Jacksonville, FL
Revision on 12/08/15
Hey Mari,
Yes I am exercising, I try to do Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds dvds and I recently starting going back to the gym-I have a membership at Curves. I do know that I have absolutely NO restriction however, and it kinda stinks! I have heard sometimes it takes 3-4 band fills before that sensation of being restricted kicks in, and I'll admit, it has me worried!

I can do this...I know I can. It's just going to take time & patience.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

-Mari-
on 1/31/12 9:24 am
I have those DVD's, love them!! Yeah, we all call it bandsters hell. I called it dieting, until I could get my fills. It does usually take 3-4 fills on average, could be less or more. Just keep following your Dr's recommendations on food intake and you'll do fine. Sometimes it's good to have a "to do" list, so when those hunger demons come and you are not supposed to eat, yet. Pick one of the to do, things, to do, instead. Keep up the good work!
 Mari  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
Most Active