So nice to have restriction!

OneSillyGirl
on 10/27/11 8:07 am - Frisco, TX
After 18 months with very little restriction, I have a perfect fill in!  I didn't even realize that it was 2:00 and I hadn't eaten lunch yet! Normally my tummy would start thinking about lunch at about 10:30!  Three cheers for restriction!  Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray!
Brenda
Banded 2/2007, Hit Goal in 2/2008. Unfill and partial refill 4/2010. .25 Fill 10/2011.
Working on the 40lbs I gained while unfilled! Back to the drawing board!

Jshivery
on 10/27/11 8:14 am
Revision on 03/10/16
Thats wonderful!  Its nice to have restriction!  I don't have to much restriction, so I am going in on 11/7 to get maybe a very small fill..

3 Cheers to you and your band!!!! 

OneSillyGirl
on 10/27/11 8:40 am - Frisco, TX
I had an unfill after being at my goal weight for 2+ years.  I was sooo disappointed.  I got a partial refill but then couldn't afford to get topped back off.  Then I just got back into bad habits and made it even worse.  Doh!  We just did a little .25 because I didn't want to aggrevate my reflux (the reason for the intitial unfill). I am hoping I'll be ready for one more before the end of the year while all my deductibles are met. I need to get back into my jeans!! I refuse to buy more!
Brenda
Banded 2/2007, Hit Goal in 2/2008. Unfill and partial refill 4/2010. .25 Fill 10/2011.

SpookyLittleGurl
on 10/27/11 1:19 pm - Dearborn Heights, MI
I'm so happy to see a post like this. I am 5 months post-op... I've lost only 14lbs (I lost 73lbs on my own before surgery and kept it off for 2 years now).
I have felt no restriction at all and I started thinking... I must be the only person to have weightloss surgery and suddenly stop losing weight... whats worse is that I wasn't feeling any restriction. The last fill I got helped immensly but I'm not sure I'm in the "green zone" yet. The weight loss is still very slow but I am confident that things will turn up.
Thanks for sharing your good news! =D
OneSillyGirl
on 10/28/11 3:57 am - Frisco, TX
Don't be afraid to tell your Dr. what you want. If you think you need a mini-fill (what I'd call .25) to tweak what you have.  Thats what I just got and it made a WORLD of difference.  Remember, if you can eat a portion bigger than the size of the back of your fist and veggies more than the size of your palm, you need a tweak. Some Drs get all gung ho and then you end up back in for an unfill or I have also been guilty of wanting to get my $$ worth but that ends up backfiring too. Get what you need and don't risk your band.  But you should be seeing some success too.

Brenda

Most Active