another dr appt.....

Jshivery
on 8/9/11 12:11 pm
Revision on 03/10/16
Okay, so I had my 3 mth follow up from surgery.  Well I'm actually almost 6 mths out now, but every 3 mths we have follow up.  I was so upset because I was in for a fill at the end of June and since then, by their scales, I have only lost 2 lbs in over a MONTH...unacceptable.  I am having such a hard time with this, because of all the working out I have been doing, I feel it should be moving more then .5 lbs a week.  I know it might sound petty or someone else *****ing about weight loss, but damn I am so pissed. 

To top it all off, this is the same PA/NUT that kept saying "oh you didn't have bypass".  Well I was supossed to meet w/ the NUT, but because I didn't have RNY she said there isn't anything she can do for me, since-you guessed it-"I didn't have bypass".  I asked her questions because I'm scared to death of getting the 24-hour stomach flu (having 3 school-aged kids and all) and you know what I got, "well we don't know a whole lot about the band and flu"....OMG, I wanted to go through the roof.  I will be asking for someone else when I go in for my next appt in 3 mths.

I see the "fill PA" on 8/22.  I will make sure that I talk to an office manager that is over everyone.  Until then I will keep pluggin away at workin out and watching what I eat. 

Thanks for listening everyone!! 

steelerfan1
on 8/9/11 12:50 pm
I can so relate to you  !! In fact because of what you said is what I went through this past weekend and I went on a emotional eating binge this past Saturday :o(  chips, pizza, chocolate you name it I ate it *sigh*.

I bumped up to two Zumba classes a week that uses 2 pound weights and does hard core ab toning for 30 min.   I have lost 3 pounds in a month and I was pissed also.

I thought what the hell I work my ass off, I'm sore as  hell and I cant lose no more then 3 pounds *sigh*.

My zumba teacher is a personal trainer to so I am always running to him for advice.  He said because of his intense workouts between Zumba, dancing  Zumba with weights, and the ab workouts he does I am probably gaining muscle and I could go as far as two months not losing much weight because in turn I'm building muscle up .

You could be doing the same thing .  I was in tears with him the other night  and that is what he told me.

Which in reality is so much better for us because it makes us look better skin wise , and muscle burns more calories, and like he said muscle weighs more then fat does.

Have you taken your measurements lately ?  I bet you will see a change in them  I'm going to take mine in a couple of weeks and see if that is where I'm losing.  

Its very frustrating I know where you are coming from .  

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Jean M.
on 8/9/11 9:50 pm
Revision on 08/16/12
I was supossed to meet w/ the NUT, but because I didn't have RNY she said there isn't anything she can do for me, since-you guessed it-"I didn't have bypass". 

That's ridiculous. The NUT doesn't need anything more than basic nutrition science to tell you how to eat.

"well we don't know a whole lot about the band and flu"...

That's also ridiculous. All you have to know is that vomiting can displace the band, so the patient needs a prescription for an anti-nausea med like phenergan to have on hand just in case.

As for the rest, and especially your frustration over slow weight loss, all I can say is hang in there and start practicing your assertiveness so you can get more than a fill when you see the PA on 8/22/

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

MARIA F.
on 8/11/11 10:35 am - Athens, GA

Do you have or have you ever had restriction???

FormerlyFluffy.com

Jshivery
on 8/11/11 11:58 am
Revision on 03/10/16
Maria, I don't believe I have ever had restriction thus far, but I'm only 4.5 mths out and only had 2 fills. 

Jean, I know right.  Its a bunch of **** and I was upset when I left.  not to mention only losing 2lbs in over a mth. 

Steelerfan, thank you so much for your reply.  Its horrible feeling when I know I am kicking ass in moving, etc and the weight isn't showing it...I have actually never taken my measurements, I wish I would have at the begining. 

thank you everyone for your replies! 

Most Active