"skinny"

kruzn70
on 7/12/11 12:10 pm
Today someone called me skinny at work.  As I was telling my boyfriend tonight I realized it is probably not very often a 204 lb woman gets called skinny, LOL!!!!  The funny is that I must have looked so big that I now have earned the word skinny. I am far from skinny as you can see from my pictures.  I am looking forward to the day that I am actually normal weight.  It is nice to hear complements especially since the scale hasn't been moving.

PinkPoppy
on 7/12/11 1:10 pm - Canada
I can't wait for the day when I hear those words!!  Good for you!  Keep up the good work!  I looked at your pictures and you are beautiful! 
Catapult
on 7/12/11 3:38 pm - Australia
Congratulations!

Before the band I once starved myself down to 178 lbs. I got called skinny then. I was told not to lose anymore or I'd be unhealthy looking. My BMI at that time was 29.3 so only just out of the obese range!

Recently I told DH one of my goals is to get to 178 lbs. He said that is way too much for my height! So it looked ok 'back then' but will not look ok in the future? My ultimate aim is 150.

Funny how people's perceptions change. Maybe when I get down close to 178 he will think I am too skinny again.

Cat.

crystal M.
on 7/12/11 9:58 pm - Joliet, IL
That's funny I am exactly 204 lbs too!!!  I get the same thing.  I also hear people say I don't look 204 lbs (because I'm tall).  I will tell people I want to lose 50 more pounds and they always say I don't need to lose 50 more lbs. 

When ever I hear someone say I don't look 204 lbs I always think maybe I should start lying about my weight!!!!  Hahaha
dhenault
on 7/13/11 3:11 am
Isn't it a great feeling??? I've also had people tell me not to lose any more weight or I'll be "too skinny". hahaha I would like to lose 25 more pounds to hit 100. Although it's getting tougher!! I have to be careful not to get hung up on a number....done that before and felt like a failure when I didn't reach it...

juliebeth
on 7/19/11 12:15 am
That's awesome! Last Fall someone described me as having a normal body type and it was so awesome! They had no idea that I used to weigh 350 lbs. Isn't a great feeling to be "normal" and "skinny" after not feeling that way for so long?

Keep up the good work. And, don't focus too much on the scale. It is a good way to keep yourself in check but it's not the only way to see your progress. I went almost a year without losing weight (I had lost 175 lbs) but I weighed myself often to make sure I wasn't gaining weight. If it started to creep up I knew I needed to get back on track with my eating and exercising. Even though my weight stayed the same for so long, I kept exercising and I noticed that I fit into a smaller size of clothes as the year progressed because my body was more toned. 

Most Active