had a fill wks ago...still no loss

reddhedgrl
on 6/26/11 1:47 pm
I haven't lost anything since wk 2 post op...I had a fill a few weeks ago and I'm getting really frustrated....do you think not getting enough protein in each day is the problem? I can't find a protein powder I like..I've wasted money on tons of brands...I'm gonna try going back to the gym tomorrow. I tried a few weeks ago, but my incision site hurt a lot. I'm watching carbs, calories and sugar..finding other things to do when I'm bored or upset....but this stall stinks!!!! I'm trying to be positive, but when the scale doesn't move for weeks, it's like a kick in the teeth. Help please..thanks
(deactivated member)
on 6/26/11 2:27 pm
Try to be patient.  It can take awhile for the effects of a fill to be felt, also it may take several fills before you are at a consistent level of restriction.

Also, when it comes to protein-try to get your protein from food, not shakes.  Solid, dense protein stays in our pouches longer leading to a sense of saity.

Good luck.
Jean M.
on 6/26/11 10:16 pm
Revision on 08/16/12
Your band and the fills you get in it don't cause weight loss. It's eating less and moving more that causes weight loss, so I think going back to the gym is exactly what you need at this point.

It would be wonderful if we could lose weight at a nice, steady rate, but the body doesn't seem to work that way. A graph of my weight loss would show a jagged line going up and down, up and down, with several stalls of 2 or 4 or 8 weeks each. As long as the overall trend is weight loss, I'm OK with that.

Hang in there!

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

(deactivated member)
on 6/27/11 1:10 am - Des Moines, IA
The band is to help with decreasing hunger, it still comes down to calories in versus calories out.  It does some work, but we have to do our part.  The only time I would have a protein drink is right after a fill for 24 hours along with general liquids like yogurt etc.  After that we need dense proteins to work with the band.  Fluids go right on through, so we are supposed to get our protein in by eating them.  The only thing I "count" is how much protein I'm getting. 

My suggestions for you would be get your protein in by food, not liquids.  Journal what you are eating and drinking.  Get moving more.  The first year when I lost the majority of my weight, all I did was walk for my exercise.  Get at least 60 grams of protein in.  Drink lots of water during the day. 

This process takes lots of patience.  Take it one day at a time!
Kristi
Most Active