Whirlwind Weekend Trip...

PaintingChef
on 6/13/11 11:22 pm - TN
My husband and I took a quick trip this weekend up to Martha's Vineyard for my grandfather's birthday (his 90th!!!  MAN... if I'm even HALF that sharp when I'm 90 it will be a complete and total WIN).  We flew up there and I was DREADING it.  I haven't flown in a couple of years and I was at my higest weight when I did and it wasn't that I don't think I've made a TON of progress since my surgery, I was just afraid that it wouldn't be ENOUGH for me to not have to strain and squirm to get the seat belt fastened and wedge myself in the airplane seat to try and be unobtrusive and invisible during the flight while dying of discomfort inside... you know... AIR TRAVEL.

I. WAS. SHOCKED.  I fit as quasi-comfortably as an adult could, I buckled he seat belt with no problem and then, even better... HAD TO TIGHTEN IT.  I could put the arm rests down and I just sat comfortable and read my book the whole trip without having to pur one arm over in my husband's lap just because it wouldn't fit anywhere else.  The tray table still hit my belly a little but I think I'm close to that not being that case either!  It was a HUGE surprise and a very pleasant one.

Just had to share!!
My blog:  PaintingChef

(deactivated member)
on 6/14/11 12:14 am
Awesome! Glad you had a great trip.  I flew in April and it was so wonderful to feel more normal in an airplane seat, now we were all still jammed in there like sardines but at least it didn't feel like I was overflowing the container : )
debbiejean58
on 6/14/11 12:27 am - Antioch, TN
Isn't it wonderful to be considered "normal" by society....
Most Active