What is your Doctor's protocol after having a fill?

AmyLH
on 6/6/11 9:06 am
What is your Doctor's protocol after having a fill?  My Dr. instructions are liquids for two days and mushies for days?  What about you?  I'm curious to hear...thanks.

Amy
LapBand Revision April 2011
I will succeed         
bgrandmabear
on 6/6/11 9:10 am
1 day liguid then one day soft  my dr id great can call any time and talk to him not a nurse.
barbara314
on 6/6/11 9:42 am
Same as you, Amy - two days liquids, two days mushies.
~ Barbara 

Lisaizme
on 6/6/11 9:44 am - TX
Pre-fill, no solid food for 4 hours before the appt, all the liquids I want.

Post-fill, liquids until evening, mushies that night, solids the next day as tolerated.  If anything gives trouble to slow progression or even back down a stage and take it back up slower.

My doctor's philosophy is that the band works best with real food, dense solid protein, so they want us back on regular food as quickly as we can tolerate it.

It may also be because I don't get large fills, all mine have been very small.  Nothing larger than 1cc and usually .5 or .2cc.
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

AmyLH
on 6/6/11 11:43 am
Thanks all for taking the time to reply.

Amy
LapBand Revision April 2011
I will succeed         
debbie H.
on 6/6/11 10:09 am - AR
Same as Lisaizme and same reasoning:)

(deactivated member)
on 6/7/11 2:49 am - Springfield, IL
Revision on 03/04/13
I just had a fill last night and they recommend creamy soups and protein drinks for the first 24 hours and then soft foods/mushy foods 48 hours.  I am sure every doctor is different and it also depends on how you tolerate things.
Most Active