Seriously? How many commercials for food

healthyonmyway
on 6/1/11 11:21 pm - FL
Good morning! Well today is day 8 out from surgery and I feel great. A little about me prior...I work full time+ for the postal service and I have for 23 years. Plus raised an amazing son by myself after the death of my ex husband for the last 16 years. Sitting around watching TV has never been my thing but since I am in the healing phases after surgery I have logged in some TV hours:) Maybe it is because I am hungry but has anyone else noticed how many food commercials there are? Seriously?, now wonder people graze all day.
I am off to the gym....everyone have a great day!!!

4/10/11 Start weight 250; 5/25/11 Surgery weight 237.50        
Vivian Prouty
on 6/1/11 11:28 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 LOL  My husband and I were talking about this the other day.    About every other commercial on TV is either food or medications and all the weird side affects you will get if you take them.   LOL  Fun huh???   LOL   I know after I had my WLS almost 6 yrs. ago I would watch the food network and never had watched it before and I still don'****ch it.    I think that when you are in the liquid phase food seems to be the only thing on your mind.    I am so proud that at 8 days post op you are at the gym.   WOW !!!!  You go girl !!!    Just be careful not to do too much....but I have a feeling you are walking on a treadmill.    Have a blessed day and usually when commercials come on TV I get up and do something.   I have never really cared for commercials in the first place.   Have a great day !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

healthyonmyway
on 6/2/11 2:10 am - FL
Yes, Vivian I was on the treadmill. I have lots of energy and get on it at a slow pace for 14 minutes and I am finished. Definitely still healing...before surgery I could do 30 minutes sometimes:) All in time....
Krista

crystal M.
on 6/1/11 11:33 pm - Joliet, IL
I really noticed them when I was on my pre-op diet.  I was sitting watching TV drooling over every comercial!!! 
(deactivated member)
on 6/2/11 1:11 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Too damn many if you ask me and I'm on full liquids for another 6 days.
healthyonmyway
on 6/2/11 2:12 am - FL
I have 6 more days too. UGH!!! Never thought I would be so excited to get to mushies:)

(deactivated member)
on 6/2/11 2:31 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
We had surgery the same day.   I was band to sleeve revision.
This time around I'm not as bothered about food as I was the very first time. I've had a couple of drool moments, but they pass quick enough. I remember the first time around I would actually cry because I was so mourning the loss of my only coping mechanism.

It's so hard to cope with the loss of food, and you should be so proud of each and every day that you successfully get through this period without giving in to the head hunger monster.

vlp1968
on 6/2/11 1:39 am
I love my dvr, so I can ff through the commercials. However, I am addicted to the food network, not quite sure why since it makes me hungry. I have jotted down some healthy recepies though.
Tricia W.
on 6/2/11 4:31 am
I refuse to watch commercials since I got my band and now DVR everything so I can fast forward LOL.

Except for one commercial which cracks me up...it's a Carls Jr./Hardy's commercial...it has this part in it where the spokeperson is surrounded by gorgeous models shoving these burgers in their mouths that are bigger in size than they are and he says "We only use models in our commercials because ugly people don't sell burgers"...I find it hilarious maybe its my inner smarta$$ lol.

I wish there was a way we could pick and choose the commercials we see and avoid food commercials.
Most Active