Snack ideas...need suggestions

bandhope
on 5/24/11 5:30 am - TX
I do so much better watching what I eat when I plan out a healthy snack prior to my workout.
Here is a list of snacks I do, but I would love new ideas. What is a healthy snack you eat?

low fat cheese
laughing cow wedges on whole grain cracker
veggies
fruit
yogurt
almonds
protein shake
cottage cheese (low fat of course)
crystal M.
on 5/24/11 5:39 am - Joliet, IL
I always have three apple slices with a table spoon of peanut butter (which is only a 1/2 serving).  I really like this snack and look forward to it.  It tastes like a dessert to me.  This gives me a little protein and some complex carbs.  Oh and my doctor encourages eating apples because there are studies that have proved that apples help increase your metabolism!!!!  
bandhope
on 5/24/11 5:44 am - TX
This one should have made my list. I too, love apples and pb. Yum!!! Thanks!
vlp1968
on 5/24/11 6:07 am
You listed many of my snacks. I also like berries, they are lower in carbs than other fruit. Emerald has almonds in different flavors, I like them all. The have cinamin, chocolate, sweet and salty mixed nuts, salt and pepper cashews (suprisingly good). I stock up when Publix has them buy one get one free. Best wishes.
(deactivated member)
on 5/24/11 6:21 am
my snacks are usually....

yogurt with granola

almonds

Pure Protein Bar

string cheese

turkey sticks (these are slim jims, only turkey - I get them at Aldi)

Occasionally I'll eat fruit.  But for me sugar is like crack... if I eat it, I crave it, So I really try to limit my sugar intake.
cristie2000
on 5/24/11 8:45 am
 I like string cheese and turkey pepperoni.  The combo is filling to me.
 “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.? ~Theodore Roosevelt

NantucketMom
on 5/24/11 10:25 am - SoCal
 My surgeon always scolds me when I say I eat cheese, so I rarely do anymore. May have protein and calcium but I guess he is more concerned about the fat. He also doesn't like me eating yogurt. 
Amy in CA 

Most Active