It's been a while...

bandhope
on 5/20/11 2:32 am - TX
I've been away  for a little bit and will lurk from time to time.
I will be banded for four years in Dec. I need to spend some time nurturing my goal. My goal is to be as healthy as I possible can. Don't get me wrong....I'm still in the "winners corner". I'm managing to stay within my comfort weight, I'm working out regularly, and I've accomplished some amazing goals along the way. 

I  do allow myself the realization that I am human and my weight issue will forever be a fight and I have to work at. I'm not prefect and it's like a marriage sometimes when your stressed and worn thin, you take that person for granted. I'm stress eating and I need to nurture my goal right now. I need to remember why I chose my life partner (aka- Lap- Band). I need to remind myself this is not a healthy way to deal with stress and re-focus.

I'm really thankful for my band and I'm thankful for my second chance. It's all about how I view things now. I choose to take this time to reflect, refocus, and keep fighting. It's been so worth it. I'll be lurking more often as I nurture my relationship with my life partner (aka- Lap-Band). LOL!

Best wishes to everyone!
Jean M.
on 5/20/11 2:44 am
Revision on 08/16/12
It's great to see your beautiful face again, not just because I'm glad to see you but because there are so many members here who long to hear from band vets, especially successful ones like you.

And they also need to hear an important message in your post:
I  do allow myself the realization that I am human and my weight issue will forever be a fight and I have to work at.

That is the absolute truth! And it's also true that you have to take good care of yourself and find healthier ways to deal with stress and to stay on track.  So don't be a stranger now! You've already heard me say this a million times, but it bears repeating: participating on OH and helping other bandsters helps ME as much as (or more than) it helps others. That benefit is available to you, too.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/11 6:05 am - Des Moines, IA
Great to hear from you!  I think it's so important for people to realize that the journey is just starting in a way when we get to goal.  We are never "done", this is for life and the goal is better health.  Keep fighting the fight! 
Most Active