has anyone had a tummy tuck after WLS?

linzi
on 4/30/11 7:28 pm
hi guys,
i am just wondering if anyone else has had a tummy tuck after having a lap band? i have currently lost 49 lbs and i'm wanting to lose another 21 to 28 lbs but im considering getting a tummy tuck after i have lost the last of the weight. i've never been happy with my stomach area and currently go to the gym which i never thought i'd see the day ( i joined july 2010) i'm also wondering if anyone has had a child after having a tummy tuck my problem is i'm really wanting a tummy tuck but start university in january 2012 so want it doing the end of this year and as i'll be at university for three years if i decide to have another child it wont be for at least another 4 years. i'm just wondering am i wasting my money? and what are other peoples experiances?
i would be very grateful for any advice given thank you
xxxx
linzi       
vivianhunter
on 4/30/11 10:08 pm
I wish that I could have a tummy tuck. I have lost 94 pds and am at goal weight. I will never think that I am not fat, as long as I have this huge roll of fat and skin hanging on my boby. I hate it. It looks like I have another butt .I have a hard time finding tops that will cover it up. I an 55 yrs. old and have had to children, so there is no way it will ever look ant better. i talked to a surgon and it will cost 10,000  to have it done and I would have to be out of work for 6 wks. I clean houses for a living and could not work for that long. I don't have ins. So I am stuck with the skin. I pd. For the Lapband ,out of pocket. I am happy about having the band. Lost all the weight in 10 months and so far keeping it off. Wouldn't mind loosing a few more pds.but having a hard time loosing anymore

Viv
journey2010
on 5/1/11 1:00 am - PA
I have heard that you want to keep the weight off for at least one year before looking into a tummy tuck. I have also heard that out of all the plastic surgeries, insurance companies are more likely to agree to pay for the tummy tuck but this can be difficult (depending on your insurance company of course)

I just had my 53 b'day and met with a plastic surgeon about my shallow cheeks and was informed about fat transplants from my body through lipo..lol she asked if I was finished losing weight (loved that!) when I told her no, not yet, she advised me to wait until I was done and we will talk more about the procedure. Seriously, I don't know if I will do this but I enjoy knowing what can be done and what my options may be.
I would LOVE to get the tummy done and know of a young girl who had a tuck done a few years before her first child, she still looks great.
Good luck with your quest!

dwpersel
on 5/1/11 1:52 am - Fredericksburg, VA
I have had both a tummy tuck and arm lift plastic surgeries. Go to the Plastic Surgery forum here on OH for more information.

Diana
linzi
on 5/4/11 5:32 am
hi guys, thanks for the replies vivian i live in the uk and payed for my band i am currently saving up for a tummy tuck i went abroad for the band as cheaper but risky can't believe i done it. i'm just wondering after having a child how was your friends stomach? was it still flat? any problems? diana are you happy with the results as each day goes by i feel more determined to save the money as i did with the band for the surgery done
xxxx
linzi       
Most Active