PREGNANT with BAND

Denise074
on 4/3/11 5:29 am - Wayne, NJ
Hi everyone.  I am 2 years into my band and have only lost about 30lbs.  It really isn't working for me, but I still try.

MY QUESTION, I just found out I am pregnant.  Do you still drink protein shakes while pregnant?? What did you eat????  PLEASE HELP!!!

I have fallen off the diet wagon, and need to stay balanced for baby.. I do not want to put my weight back on, even tho not much, I don't want it back. 

Banded on 2/25/09 
SURGERY: 296
GOAL: 180
First Fill: 3/31/09 at 4cc's in a 9cc band

www.my-calorie-counter.com     The webs free Calorie Journal
karianne
on 4/3/11 5:34 am - Marlborough, MA
Revision on 04/05/12
Congratulations on your pregnancy!  Two yrs out you shouldn't be drinking protein shakes at all those are typically phased out within the first few weeks.  Make an appointment to see your band Dr. most I've spoken with typically get a complete unfill during the pregnancy so there is no food restriction!  Good luck and don't worry about falling off the wagon, have your healthy baby and then you can always start again with fills.  Good luck, Karianne

HW-244, SW-234, CW-207
4/8/04 Lap-band-Goal weight for 5 yrs, Tummy Tuck 6/23/08
Lap-band Leak 4/2011, Revision to Gastric Bypass 4/5/12

psychomom
on 4/3/11 6:44 am - China Grove, NC
I would also call my Dr and ask what the protocol is for being pregnant with the band. Also when you have the baby it sounds like you need to go in regularly for fills if you have had the band 2 yrs and only had one fill that is likely why it seems to not be working for you. Relax and enjoy your pregnancy :) Like the previous poster said you can always get back on the band wagon after you deliver! Congrats :)

Most Active