PCP required?!

MelodyMay
on 8/28/15 2:02 pm
RNY on 03/01/16

I have never had insurance for long periods of time. I hardly ever went to the Doctor as a child and as an adult the insurance coverage was always spotty or non-existent. My current insurance provider Aetna, said I needed PCP records but my surgeon said not to worry about it. I haven't had a PCP in at least a decade. Now I am seeing other posts where the Insurance was denied because of lack of records.

Is there anyway to be approved w/o 3 months of Primary Care Physician records?  

Melody

HW: 394 SW: 359 GW: 187

Felicity Q.
on 8/30/15 3:04 pm
DS on 09/28/15

Hi Melody,

Not sure if this is helpful, but the reason my surgeon needed records was to document my weight over the years. (I assume because insurance wants to make sure this is an ongoing issue and not a recent/temporary weight gain).  I had issues finding this because I, too, did not regularly see a doctor.  I was able to patch together some records from the past 5-10 years by using some odd sources.  Here are some of them:

1) Gym Membership Sign-up to Curves - They had weighed me at sign-up

2) Medical study I had participated in

3) TakeCare Clinic at Walgreens

Hope that helps at least a little! :)

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

chaplainJess
on 8/31/15 10:20 am

I didn't have a PCP either. I didn't have health insurance for the past several years. Now that I have health/dental insurance, I have been having a lot of "deferred matanance" appointments. Also, the surgery is going to max out my high deductable, so I may as well take advantage of that. The medical director for the center is family practice and agreed to take me on as a new patient. He is a fabulous doctor and I love that he is very educated and supportive on WLS. Are there any doctors that your surgeon or center could recomend?

MelodyMay
on 8/31/15 11:56 am
RNY on 03/01/16

I am going to call my surgeon today to see about getting a recommendation for a PCP in their medical center. I'm hoping that by showing I have a PCP and giving them about 10 years of W. Watchers weigh-in charts, they will still let me qualify. This isn't a new condition for me. I have been fighting my weight since I was 13 years old. 

Most Active