1 WEEK ON PUREE , FOOD LOOKS LIKE VOMIT

CHAS C.
on 5/29/04 1:28 am - BRICK, NJ
I THOUGHT AFTER DOING THE 1 WEEK OF LIQUID DIET. THAT HAVING PUREED FOOD WOULD BE LIKE EATING A MEAL. AND IT WAS FOR A FEW DAYS, BUT PUREED MEATS AND FISH THE LOOK OF IT IS MAKING ME VOMIT. I EAT A SCRAMBLED EGG FOR BREAKFAST, AND THATS OK, BUT LUNCH I HAVE TO TAKE TO WORK AND IVE BEEN TAKING TUNA OR CHICKEN PUREED AND I CANT DO IT ANYMORE. PLEASE HELP ME SUGGESTIONS , I HAVE BEEN EATING A PIECE OF FLOUNDER EVERY NIGHT FOR MY DINNER, AND A LOT OF SF ICEPOPS IN BETWEEN, ITS NOT THAT IM HUNGRY, BUT I KNOW I GOT TO GET THE PROTEIN IN. ALSON I WENT IN AT 369 POUNDS ON MAY 13TH, AND I HAVE NO SCALE TO GET ON THAT WILL WEIGHT ME, MY HOME SCALE MAXES OUT AT 329 ANY SUGGESTIONS THANKS
Jonathan L.
on 6/22/04 12:02 am - Brooklyn, NY
Dear Chas, I know the feeling. The though of puree foods was making me sick. I having my surgery tomorrow. The thing I did was make soups and puree them. They all look like cream soups but the texture taste and feels like soup. If you can tolerate milk add it to a salmon soup. It is very good. Salmon, some chicken broth, and milk or 1/2 and 1/2 just enough to liquids to make it soup like. Good luck. Jonathan
Sherry H.
on 9/15/04 2:57 am - Prince Frederick, MD
I'm suppose to be on pureed foods also....yeah... not working for me either. Do you like scrapple? I cook a slice of that and puree it with my scrammbled eggs. Protein drinks from GNC helps. The soup suggestion is good. Cream of Wheat with protein powder, cottage cheese w/ strawberries a sugar sub packet w/ protein powder, instant pudding with protein powder, potted roast beef, try quiche, here's a recipe I'm going to try later today.. make a cheese-egg mixture like you would for lasagna (using lowfat cheeses and egg beaters) put in baking dishes and top with a layer of low-carb spag sauce w/ parm cheese. Try instant mashed potatoes with protein powder, get chicken and puree with low-carb BBQ sauce. Dame Tooter has a web site of recipes you could check onhttp://www.freepgs.com/bariatricbytes/ . Also take a look at bariatriceating.com. Hope this helps. Sher
Most Active