Here's a new one...want to have baby...

mam352001
on 4/19/04 2:32 am - Weston, WI
So, Two years ago yesterday I had surgery!! It has changed my life soooo much. Now, I (we) my partner and I are thinking about having a baby.... What does everyone think? What special health risks/problems/etc. should I expect? Another twist....I turn 38 tomorrow..... So, time is ticking..... Also, we just made the move to the Central WI area....want to meet others....anyone out there???? Melissa
ruthdebra
on 4/19/04 6:39 am - Palm Springs, CA
Congratulations on your success. It seems as if lots of people have babies post wls. So discuss it with both your surgeon and ob-gyn. Personally - as a former nurse, I'd be a little timid about it, but it's far from impossible. Is there any possibility of your partner being the one to get pregnant? Or adoption. Do you ever get to the Twin Cities? I just moved from their. Rainbow Families has about 800 members and might be a great resource for you. Good luck - and keep us posted. Ruth
Donna M.
on 4/19/04 3:23 pm - Long Beach, CA
Not a twist at all.... I plan on trying again after losing myself. I wasnt successful before... My parnter has no desire to carry a baby, and I really really want to. For some reason I really want to know what its like to get kicked from the inside. Just make sure you get a high risk OB/GYN from the get go, and let everyone know you had the surgery. I know you have to be sooooo good on your eating, so I am trying to establish good eating habbits now, 6 weeks post op. Its not as easy as it looks though. Keep us updated with what you find out. I know there's a pregnancy after wls board too if you haven't found that yet. -Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 375 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 949 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1326 views