One Year (and slightly more) Surgiversary

Ithocles
on 8/15/12 12:19 pm
 Hello All,

It's been way too long since I've posted, but wanted to drop in and say hello.  I tried changing my avatar to no avail, but I did put a new picture in my profile.  I've lost 145 pounds and my body has found that 180 is where I'm going to be no matter what.  I eat comfortably and am back in they gym, but am not loosing any more weight.  I'm okay with that, although I do miss seeing the scale go down.  Overall, I'm content.

My last lab report from the doctor came back NORMAL.   It's the only thing normal about me, but I enjoy saying it just the same.  My life is completely different, but just the same.  It sounds contradictory, but it is true.  I've found it to be one of the werid things about WLS.

I still have a hard time with self image.  I look like a shar pei with my clothes off.  My stomach isn't so bad but my butt and legs are scary.  I don't care though.  (Well, I do...but I would rather be dealing with this than the weight.)

All is amazing in my life.  I miss you all.  Best of luck and I'll try to do a better job of coming by and saying hello.

Hugs,

Danny

ohbearly
on 8/16/12 5:28 am - Mogadore, OH
Revision on 07/31/13
Danny, Congrats on your successful weight loss. Changing self-image takes some time. As time goes on, you will be more comforatble with the new you. -- Tom

Follow my journey to a happy, healthy, active life at TomBilcze.com 

birder I.
on 8/17/12 7:57 am - Rockford, IL

Danny,

I love the shar pei comment. That describes me too and I really don't care because it's easier to deal with than carrying all the weight. Each of us has a self image which tends to be based on looks rather than integrity. Well I choose integrity, courage, values, honesty, etc over looks. Who we are on the inside is what lasts!

Come back here often.

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

Craig C.
on 8/19/12 6:12 am - Fort Worth, TX
Danny my friend its great to see you again. I too have been MIA for way to long. I am so happy and proud of your weight loss. I have been stuck at 209 which is not where I want to be but I guess thats what my body wants as well. Continued good health and dont be such a stranger.

Craig

Ithocles
on 8/20/12 7:35 am
 Thanks everyone!  It is always such a good motivator to get your comments and guidance.  It's good not to feel alone in this.  Hugs to you all...

twotontunic
on 8/22/12 5:44 am - Nashville, TN
VSG on 10/08/12
 Hi Danny.  I'm with Connie, I got a good chuckle from the Shar pei comment.  Just remember, Shar pei's are adoreable, just like your attitude toward dealing with self image.  It is clear, even in your written words, you are a kind soul.  That quality will carry you while you adjust to your new body and develop a healthy new self image.  I hope to see you back here often.  Btw, I looked at your uploaded pics too, you have a beautiful family.
WendyJade
on 9/12/12 5:29 pm - Ormond Beach, FL
I just posted a question re: this very issue.  I am new to OH and more importantly to this group.  I have a couple of straight friends who have had the surgery but NO GLBT ones.  I am starting over since my breakup  last year and now live in Fla.  In one way I'm relieved that nobody will see me fat since  I won't be dating until I have lost a significant amount of weight, but looking like a Shar Pei SCARES me since I am in my late 40s.  Unfortunately for me, most people never know I'm gay since I have been told I look like a "Soccer Mom".  Good luck with your body issues, maybe just talking about it and knowing that you are being listened to and empathized with will help.  I hope it will.....thanks  Wendy
Princeton
on 9/17/12 6:54 pm - PA
 HI DAN I'M NEW TO THIS FORUM BUT I THINK YOU ARE VERY HANDSOME, ALTHOUGH I HAVEN'T SEEN THE SHAR PEI ,BUT I AM A DOG LOVER..LOL. I LOOK THE SAME IN MY BIRTHDAY SUIT. I'VE GAINED SOME OF MY WEIGHT BACK BUT I AM BACK ON TRACK AGAIN WELL GOOD LUCK.                               
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 376 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 949 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1326 views