And finally...approval!

rtptjd
on 9/21/11 9:42 pm - Atlanta, GA
Got the word from my insurance company yesterday: the previous denial has been reversed and I'm approved for gastric sleeve.  Still have pre-op clearances to get through (cardiology, pulmonary function tests, upper GI etc) but the biggest hurdle seems to have been cleared.  I think I'm still in shock.

But, before I go any further, THANKS to everybody on this forum who has been so supportive of me and my struggle.  I know for certain I could not have done it without you all!  And I'll continue to need you as I make my way down this new path in my life.  So, thank you again for caring.

OMG, I think I might actually be able to get my life back after this surgery!  At least it seems that way when I read all the postings of those of you who've had your procedures done.  I know it won't be easy, there will be times of pain and discomfort, but I'm keeping my eye on the goal:  a fitter, healthier me.  Once I've recovered, the sky's the limit, right?

Single women of Atlanta...watch out. 
InkdSpEdTchr
on 9/22/11 1:27 am
Good on you for fighting for what you deserve! When will you get a date? Good luck on all your upcoming tests, hope to see you on the Loser's Bench soon!

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

sandy L.
on 9/22/11 3:22 pm - Altoona, PA
 Congrats

rtptjd
on 9/22/11 8:57 pm - Atlanta, GA
Thanks!  I'll have a surgery date w/in the next couple of days, hopefully.  Of course, all will be contingent on my pre-op clearances coming through.  Fingers crossed!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 376 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 949 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1326 views