Exercise help!

dlecia05
on 8/17/12 5:55 am - Sylacauga, AL
Well, decided to do a consult for plastics yesterday and sad to say. I was shock and a little bit disappointed. The prices are something else!!! So my firends how do I combat the loose skin and arm wings and disappearing butt? I'm at a steady weight and it's almost 4 years out. My doctor is no longer around (for those of you who may know where he (Freeman) is and if he's back to work, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!)

So will weightlifting help with any of this loose skin? I haven't worn shorts in years and I'm clueless about bra sizes (yes I've been measured but try keeping something in a bathing suit top, ugh!) Cami have been my boobs best friend.  T-shirts with long sleeves to cover the bi/tricpep area and flat boobies.

I"m proud to say that i can run/jog/trot a good few yards with out passing out. LOL (slight exaggeration) but without being out of breath. And i can do at least 2 maybe3 girly push-ups (on a good day).

I have a good friend who's a gym rat and very encouraging. She's tries her best to help me. (More protein to help build muscle!)

However, any suggestions from those who are there or who have been there. Help! I want to definitely gain muscle and maybe it'll help fill out this loose skin some. Tired of looking at these bodybuilding bodies with no instruction on how to get started to get there. I'm no gym rat or exercise fanatic. Can barely find time for myself. (Trying to work on that)

I love the beach and next year I want to go without walking around in capris and t-shirts the whole time and not getting in the pool.

Sigh! But it's going to be a good day!
Thanks in advance for all encouragement and responses!

Pre-admission testing: 261
First goal: 185
Second goal: 180
Third goal:  178

LJ1972
on 8/17/12 8:29 am - FL
Yeah plastics are kind of crazy money, huh?
Working out will definitely tone and make you feel / look better, but it won't do much / anything for the baggy skin.

First thing? Find time for yourself. If it is doing pushups and squats during commercial breaks on family movie night, just move. Park far away from buildings and stores, take stairs, carry one bag of groceries at a time.
You can use gallons of milk to do bicep curls as you are putting away the rest of the groceries, do tricep dips on your office chair.....

You can do it!

COURAGE TO START, STRENGTH TO ENDURE, RESOLVE TO FINISH 
                              HW 353 SW 317 Original GW 180  Current Wt  170 
                               First 5k 59:18; 5k PR 32:06;  1st 10k 1:20:27; PR 1:08:36
                                                    1st Half Marathon 2:48

Pensacola Double Bridge Run 15k- 1:47:34
                                                  Three Sprint Triathlons

dlecia05
on 8/19/12 4:19 am, edited 8/19/12 4:21 am - Sylacauga, AL
Thanks LJ1972! I when I have so many other things going on I think about what I can do or need to do in regards to exercise and when i get around to it....it doesn't happen or I've forgotten what I wanted to do. I definitely have to find the time for myself and to move. I really appreciate the tips you provided. I just went to the GNC store and finally after 4 years found some protein shakes that I can say that i actually like the taste of and is not expensive and has only 2g of sugar. So I'm trying to get back in focus and start working on me. I definitely want to build some muscle but not look like a heavyweight bodybuilder. I want definition for sure. Thanks again!

acbbrown
on 8/17/12 3:08 pm - Granada Hills, CA
I hate to bring the bad news, but exercise won't help with the skin - it is what it is. Exercise affects your muscles. If exercise could cure saggy skin, i'd be a bikini model by now.

I'm most likely doing my plastics in mexico b/c of the cost (and b/c i love the doc) - yeah, price of  PS is a little ridiculous.

Exercise for the sake of health though - you'll appreciate it in the long run.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

heathermc44
on 8/18/12 6:06 pm - Bremerton, WA
Imagine blowing up a balloon and keeping it inflated for a quite a while then deflating it.  That is basically what happens with our skin.  I would highly recommend hiring a personal trainer.  It is money well spent.  They can help design a plan for you, show you correct form and technique and give you a personalized plan.  They can be pricey but well worth the money.  It's not going to help with the loose skin but it will give you a nice shape and give that loose skin something to drape over.  I've been using a personal trainer for almost a year.  I buy about 4 sessions then do stuff on my own, with her instructions, then hire her again after a few months.  She then will show me different exercises and just generally challenge me in ways I won't challenge myself. 

dlecia05
on 8/19/12 11:14 am - Sylacauga, AL
Thanks heathermc44. That's something to think about. However, money is a little tight for a personal trainer but we have plenty of dvds around the house that have been collecting dust but my daughter recently got Zumba. Maybe I'll get to try it out. I've also tried Dance Central with her on Xbox Kinect. That's a workout if you've always been stationary! LOL

Most Active