Abdominal cramping from cardio?

Go-Nicole-Go
on 9/17/11 7:28 am - MA
So I've always been active... Having pcos made my weight loss in traditional methods near impossible which is why i turned to surgery. That being said, I was cleared Thursday to start working out, I'd only been allowed to walk prior. So yesterday to take it easy I only did 30 minutes on the elliptical over two miles without an issue and then went home. So about 8 hours later I started getting stomach pains like spasm like cramps. The only time this has ever happened was last Sunday when I went hiking a little longer than I meant to I started having the same feeling. So I'm guessing I'm having weird stomach muscle issues due to exercise? Is this something normal I just need to ride out? I had to sleep with the heating pad on my belly which yes, I am aware isn't too safe but it is the only thing that helps! I feel better now but I'm wondering if this is the norm?
acbbrown
on 9/17/11 10:00 am - Granada Hills, CA
Im not sure if exercise is causing your cramping, but Id really recommend that you take it easy for a while. Even though you might have been cleared by your doc, you're still just a month out of surgery and still in major recovery mode. Listen to your body - if it doesn't feel right, cut back a little and maybe just stick to walking for a while.

Congrats on getting started though - you will have plenty of time to exercise so don't try and go full force ahead quite yet

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Scott William
on 9/17/11 1:49 pm
I'd start by drinking more.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
MacMadame
on 9/19/11 5:04 am - Northern, CA
I found at 1 month out that I could not do exercises that strained the abdomen even though I was cleared to do "anything I wanted" at 3 weeks out. It turns out I didn't "want" to do core wor****il about 2 months out. At that point it didn't hurt in a bad way any more.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active