Today is my Yoga day!!! Has Yoga changed your life?

bandhope
on 8/16/11 1:54 am - TX
I started doing yoga right in the middle of training for my first half marathon two years ago and continued to do it through training for my full marathon the year after. I do believe it kept me sane! I look forward to it every week. The breathing tech., core training, mediation, and stretching has kept me healthy through training! I always think of the class as my "refresh" button. Love it!
mcarthur01
on 8/16/11 3:42 am - Cumming, GA
HA!  the thought of me in a yoga class is pure comedy :)  maybe someday i'll take the plunge.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

bandhope
on 8/17/11 12:38 am - TX
Please try....we of all people know when we step outside our comfort zone, amazing things can happen. I was terrible at it at first. The instructor practically stood over me the entire class to help re-position me. I was so embarrassed. However, I was determine to at least stick with it so I wasn't the worst in the class. I'm so glad I did, because the benefits have been awesome!
There are a ton of guys in there too!
nate2009
on 8/16/11 4:04 am - Lebanon, OH
Id probably spend too much time staring instead of stretching but it may help to raise my heartrate!
    No longer about weight , it's all about living.            
bandhope
on 8/17/11 12:40 am - TX
LOL!
DANCBJAMMIN
on 8/16/11 4:06 am - Fort Worth, TX
Yoga has not changed my life nearly as much as the FLOWBIE has! :)

All joking aside, Yoga rocks!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

imkim
on 8/16/11 4:41 am - Chatsworth, CA
I started doing yoga a couple months ago through a Groupon I bought. I am with you. I look forward to it every week. It is a good work out on many different levels. I have notices changes in both my strength and flexiblity. Plus I have been told I am much more relaxed.

Namaste to you.

This includes my pre-surgery weight

bandhope
on 8/17/11 12:41 am - TX
Glad you are enjoying it too! Namaste!
Elisa K.
on 8/16/11 9:53 am - Lumberton, NJ
I just got back into it this past Spring after a 2 year break.  I had forgotten how much I loved it.  I even got my husband to join me - he says it has improved his running.

Namaste!!
bandhope
on 8/17/11 12:44 am - TX
Wow! I'm impressed...getting your husband to do it with you is awesome! The class I take has a couple class once a month. I tease my husband that I'm going to find someone willing to go with me. Namaste!
Most Active