LOOSE SKIN - AGAIN!!

shoegirl1023
on 6/3/11 2:50 am - Solon, OH
I am 5 and a half years post RNY and had a full tummy tuck a couple years ago and a revision 9 months later for loose skin that appeared again around my tummy.  It has elastisized again over the last few months, although not too bad and just feels worse when I sit. I went back to the PS and was told because I am flat when standing and laying, there's no more to remove, but mentally it is bothering me. So what would be the best, IF ANY, ab excersises to do that may help.  I also want to add that I do walk 4-5 days a week and take jazzercise classes twice a week, I have gained a few pounds but have been told this could be muscle gain from everything. I am very regimented on my food plan and haven't cheated at all since day one of my surgery.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader
My local support group meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month - please message me for further information

We are on a continuous journey without a destination

Reddheadd7
on 6/4/11 5:12 pm - CA
I would suggest toning. It sounds like you're doing all cardio but you should put in 2-3 days of strengthening. Yoga might also be something to try.

Good luck!

shoegirl1023
on 6/5/11 3:55 am - Solon, OH
Funny you should say that, I have been doing yoga for the last couple years once a week, and now switched to Jazzercise twice a week which I am enjoying. We also incorporated dumbells into our workouts.

Thanks for your advice though and take care.

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader
My local support group meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month - please message me for further information

We are on a continuous journey without a destination

Most Active